What's new

Need a bit of help guys

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Well.. I've had a mishap in the S15 and gone sideways in to a kerb!!
Looking at sorting it myself (with the help of a few friends) rather than doing an insurance job.
So I'm needing a few parts but not getting much help from the factors in this area.
I'm needing
N/S Front and rear anti roll bar links
N/S Front wishbone
N/S Front track arm
N/S Rear top and bottom arms with bearing
Rear brake discs

Anyone know of a decent and quick UK supplier for the parts?
Are all these the same as the S14? If so I'll just tell the factors I have an S14 when on the phone to them for quotes.

Thanks for the help chaps!

Russ

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Can't give you a difinitive answer I'm afraid, new to this myself, but imagine a lot of these parts will need to be shipped in from Japan. Although the engine shares many parts with the S14 I'm not convinced chassis parts will be.

M

Matt_S

OK,
N/S Front and rear anti roll bar links - same as S14
N/S Front wishbone - Same as S14
N/S Front track arm - Err, just get a set of Tein ones or similar (assuming you meant eh track rod, not the tension rod)
N/S Rear top and bottom arms with bearing - top arm (AKA Camber arm/Rear Upper Arm) is the same as the S14. Lower arm, well the S14 will fit but theyre not the same design. The S15 has some bracing in there from factory. You could upgrade to a pair of Nismo lower arms for probably less than what Nissan want for the OEM lower arm tho. Somethign to consider.
Rear bearing is also different to S14 and R33. There is another thread today about the part numbers, so maybe look at that.

Rear discs? Ive just thrown a pair away LOL! Ill check them to see what theyre like, but they needed a skim for sure. Theyre the same parts as S14 too by the way :)

Its doesnt sound too bad. Ive seen worse! and you probably got away lightly :D

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Yup... definitely could have been a lot worse.
Thanks for the clarification on some of the parts there.
I'm still getting resistance from the motor factors in the area, so can anyone help with the 'where' they've bought parts from reliably in the past?

I'm not too bothered about uprating the parts.. don't really have the cash for that at the moment unless they're near the std prices.

Not too worried about buying the rear discs new either, so long as I find somewhere to get them from.

Thanks again

M

Matt_S

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Cheers Matt.
I've been looking about and seen the Tein track rods about.
Also being looking at the driftworks Arms
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/p...m-front-and-rear-s13-s14-s15-r32-r33-r34.html

Now I don't know how much these usually cost or if these are any good.
Anyone have any experience or input to these?

Considering the time scale I could do with getting the car sorted in, it looks like these may be my option or go for the s14 parts from a supplier that will sell me them (bluprint or the like)

For mow, I'm sticking 5 momths tax on my mates Evo VI and using that to drive about in. I want the Silvia back!!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i hope he doesnt mind me mentioning but i think jez8553 has some arms lying around as he fitted all adjustables to his a while back, you could pm him and see if they are for sale.....

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Try APEX Performance for parts like the Nismo Parts. The reason why I say uprate the track rods is that Im not sure if S15 are the same as S13 or S14. Probably easier to replace the pair at the same time. See the 'I need more lock' thread.

Discs? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-200SX-...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:2|39:1|240:1318
Just a quick one on the track rods.
Found this thread while searching about
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=2809
Apparently, the S14 rods are different, but the S13 ones are the same.

Really wish the factors round here would just sell me the bits I ask for rather than complain when they find out they're for an S15.

M

Matt_S

Cheers Matt.
I've been looking about and seen the Tein track rods about.
Also being looking at the driftworks Arms
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/p...m-front-and-rear-s13-s14-s15-r32-r33-r34.html

Now I don't know how much these usually cost or if these are any good.
Anyone have any experience or input to these?

Considering the time scale I could do with getting the car sorted in, it looks like these may be my option or go for the s14 parts from a supplier that will sell me them (bluprint or the like)

For mow, I'm sticking 5 momths tax on my mates Evo VI and using that to drive about in. I want the Silvia back!!!
I dont know why youre going to factors! Get on SXOC in the breakers and PPS trade section! :)

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
I've got a mate sorting out the new parts and have contacted a guy breaking an S15 for the rear arms etc.
Hopefully we'll get all the parts without too much hassle and I'll let you all know how we get on.
Fingers crossed we don't find anything else broken/bent when removing the old bits.

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
She's back on the road and just about back to normal.
Thanks to Mizzy for most of the parts.

Just a slight performance issue to look at. Although I'm not sure that there is one. I've been driving an Evo VI for the last few weeks and may just have got used to that.

Russ