What's new

Whats This Slot For?

K

kenny421

Just wondering if anyone knows what this slot is for
in my 99 S15 Spec R it seems like its just a cut out in
the dash with nothing behind it just wondering if you's
would have any idea of what it was used for, if anything!

Here's the pic:

Thanks lads :thumbs:

T

Trepidge

defo for some sort of personal mod the previous owner has done, not standard anyho

K

kenny421

defo for some sort of personal mod the previous owner has done, not standard anyho
Maybe he could have had a turbo timer/some sort of
electrical mod in there?

As theres no turbo timer in the car now which is quite
strange as most would have?

Reaction score
welcome kenny bout time you got your butt over here man, looks roughly the same size as an fcon to me, either that or like trepidge suggests some form of personal mod by the last owner

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
If it's a little less than DIN width it could be where they had a turbo timer and boost controller - had a similar set up in my Four with GReddy Profec B Spec II and FATT sat next to each other, looks identical in size to that.

K

kenny421

If it's a little less than DIN width it could be where they had a turbo timer and boost controller - had a similar set up in my Four with GReddy Profec B Spec II and FATT sat next to each other, looks identical in size to that.
I can't quite make out the scale but it looks like the same size as a Défi control unit.
Yeah was thinking along them lines! Now i must decide what
i want to put in there to fill the gap, most likely be a turbo
timer!

Thanks for the input guys :thumbs:

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Hmmm, I reckon it's a bit too wide for just the Defi control unit, if you look at the width in comparison with the dials in the instrument cluster it must be at least 130mm wide, my Defi control unit is only about 100mm wide.

Still, no harm making up a little carbon faceplate and mounting one in there :D