What's new

S15 for sale on Ebay - thoughts?

Reaction score
Hey guys just wandering if any of you know of the owner of this Grey S15 on ebay with the BGW :ghey:

CLICK ME FOR LINK

My only concern is im not too keen on the carbon bonnet/BGW or the black stripe down the roof and bootlid. Would the cost of sorting this out mean that it's no longer a worthwhile buy?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Personally I would not buy it.

I know most Cat D write-off cars are fine (my first ever car was a Cat C) but it could make selling it in the future even harder.

Looks to be in good condition on the outside though, but then its had a whole new respray.

Just depends if you want all the hassel of sourcing a new bonnet and sorting out the spolier/bootlid and graphics?

If you can get it for 7.6k like it is now its probably not a bad buy...

If you do bid make sure you go and have a good look over/drive of it before though!

M

Matt_S

TBH Dan, if youre looking at buying one for that sort of money, try the straight cars first. I know theyre up for more money, but you never know! You might get a bite! :D

(And no I wont take £7500 for mine! - Before you ask! LOL! :D )

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
ANd why is it, that last week it was up for £5000 and didnt get a bid?
The 5k had a reserve on it and this new one does not mate, so Im guessing the reserve was 7.6k?

Yeah pre repair photos would be good :thumbs:

Reaction score
Agreed, i did ask for further photo's (albeit none before damage), the main thing that's flagged to me is that the car description is extremely brief (doesn't even specify wheel size), and when I asked the guy what power it's running he just said "260+" which kind of rings alarm bells to me that he doesn't really know much about the car.

I was more interested in if it's anyone from here or they know of the person, think i'm going to stay away from it and go for a better condition one as there's one on torque-imports at the minute which has come down in price and is a great example and doesn't need any extra work - http://www.torque-imports.co.uk/cardetails.php?c=147 and appears to be a much better and more logical buy.

Would love to take Matt's off him as I saw it at JAE and couldn't stop walking past :p, but I just can't afford to spend that much extra ontop of the sale of my IS200

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

That screams 'bought to fix n sell' mate. Doesnt know the car. Is he even SURE it has a locker diff?
Prob hasnt serviced it since he bought it.

As for Torque, I spoke to them the other day. Seem like nice enough chaps. Up ya bid a bit and you might get yaself in that car! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Yeah for 9k it seems a steal :) I can get around 5k for my IS200 as it's very low mileage and has nice extra's and is the golden 2000xreg year before the tax increase :).

So the torque one is really good option for me, lovely colour/rims (although I would change these to some Rota Boosts)/setup :D

M

Matt_S

LOL

Dodgymotors.com said:
Manual 6 speed,SR20DET Engine, aftermarket Camshafts, Inovit Tuning Alloys, OHLINS Coilover suspension,BLITZ NUR SPEC Racing Exhaust, airconditioning, Cat 1 alarm, de - limited,Nismo Carbonfibre bonnet,Racing spoiler, Bodykit,Apexi induction kit,HKS Dump valve, Front Strut brace, Electric mirrors, CD/MD,Electric windows,New Acdelco Battery,Guardog-Pro TypeR allarm,Carbon replica stikers,cat D listed and Full Custom respray 2 month ago looks mint inside out, PRO/DRIFT LCD FULLY LOCKED D ifferential.DATE OF FIRST REG 01/02/2000. REGISTERED IN UK NOVEMBER 2006.VERY NYCE CLEAN CAR... SILVIA S15-R Real drifting car...

07880574623​
So, Aftermarket cams... (did he fit new rockers /shims/spacers too?) :confused:
Innovit wheels. Probably THE ****test wheels you can get :wack:
OHLINS suspension. One of THE best coilovers you can get :thumbs:
New Battery? Yeh youll need that if its been stoof in a yard for 6 mths :wack:
Nismo Bonnet! Oooh! THeyre rare! :wack: Sure its not just a copy? :wack: :D

Is anyone else seeing a pattern of the bit you think he might have replaced himself? :wack:

ANd its a Real Drifting Car! Its NYCE! Is that like New York City Enlisted - mayeb it is! Maybe its a Real street legal NYC drifting car!

PMSL :D

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
Got a few people on this one at the moment Dan. We've just reduced it from £9,995 by £1,000 for a quick sale.

I can send further pics if you want? It really is stunning in the flesh!

Cheers,

Mike @ Torque