Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked
    I now have, as of today received rear upper arms!! let the adjustment begin

Having never changed these before. Is the main problem in fitting these the length of time it takes to remove the stock ones??

Liked
    Cool, did you go for the Apex ones??
    Before you take the OEM off, hold the new one up next to it and try and get it roughtly the same length, makes it safer to drive to the allignment place to get it done properly!

Liked
    Shouldn't take long. Just a case of unbolting the old ones and putting the new ones one I have thought....

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by channie
    Cool, did you go for the Apex ones??
    Before you take the OEM off, hold the new one up next to it and try and get it roughtly the same length, makes it safer to drive to the allignment place to get it done properly!
    No mate, they didnt have any in stock, got some used ones from a guy on SXOC, few stone chips but nothing serious

Do i use to old bolts through the new arms?? Not really sure how there fixed.

I will do as you have said, but is there now way of improving it slightly before setup?? Or is this just wasting my time and get it setup properly. the reason i ask is, my camber issue is quite bad at the moment, i'll be fitting the arms tonight which leave me tomorrow to get it setup, but of course i'll be at work, then on Saturday i have a trackday......................

So basically i have left it to late and am trying to do the best i can. Any ideas for meantime untill i can get it setup??

Liked
    Look at it this way. Your camber is currently appalling? So, even fitting the arms and adjusting the camber by eye is going to be a vast improvement...

Liked
    If yours adjust like mine do??? if your car has alot of neg camber at the mo, then before you put them on line them up with the original, then slightly extend them past that length this should make the camber less negative. From memory i have mine about -2.

I posted this on the SXOC a week ago;

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=191255

Go down the thread and there are some pics of my kit on and off the car, unfortunately i didnt fit them myself (Weve been having lame weather!), since then i have fitted new coilovers and they look like a doddle to put on!
    As you can see fron the pics mine came with new bolts to attach to the brake hub, but on the other end they re used the original bolts.
    One thing i would recomend is getting a breaker bar! As long as possible, and a DECENT socket think it was a 17, 19, or 21. This makes the job a whole lot easier...
    But defo look at the thread above, the pictures will help alot, shows you before and after!
    I'm at work at the mo, but got all the forums up alday so if you have any more q's post or PM me!

Liked
    You shouldn't really do car mechanics unless you have the sockets that I can never remember the name of. The ones which grip the straights on bolts, rather than the corners.

Meddy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by channie
    If yours adjust like mine do??? if your car has alot of neg camber at the mo, then before you put them on line them up with the original, then slightly extend them past that length this should make the camber less negative. From memory i have mine about -2.
    Do you mean you have yours at -2 degrees since being set up? If so thats way way too much negative camber. Id say you'll have tyre wear problems pretty quickly.

Liked
    -1 degree is good for fast road -1.5 for track.

Liked
    Just checked, -2 at rear and -2.3 at front. Would be getting some uneven wear, but mine is extremely low, still running standard rims, but 50mm profile falkens, got about 2mm clearance from arch to top of tyre at rear. The front is looking high but im still running in the front shocks, so didnt want them to drop onto tyres, probaly get it sorted 2moz morning, gotta drop it atleast 4cm!