What's new

more poweeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!

J

jappy-junk

hey guys,
Is there an idiot guide to what I need to do to get different power increases?

A kinda mod for power guide as want to have 300-350 but dont know what will be need??

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
is that flywheel or wheels? general concensus is that to achieve over 300 atf you need to have at least:

aftermarket intake kit
full free flowing decat exhaust system (turbo back)
uprated fuel pump
better/colder spark plugs - eg. denso ik20
front mounted intercooler kit
method of boost control/increasing boost (electronic boost controller being the best)
uprated injectors are also highly reccommended at this stage to avoid exceeding the duty cycle of the standard items (eg. nismo 555cc or 740cc)
custom remap
also, personally i would recommend fitting a new accurate boost gauge as the standard one will no longer be any good as boost pressure at this point will likely exceed 1bar....

at this stage in order to proceed any further you will need to go for an uprated air flow meter from the z32 300zx and use a tubular free flowing exhaust manifold (at which stage you should renew the turbo oil and water feeds for braided items). obviously for every stage you get to a suitable map will need to be prepared for the setup you intend to run. ibeleive (iirc) that with these modifications it is possible to see around 330bhp at the flywheel.

i have been told by jez at horsham developments (a highly respected 200sx/nissan tuner) that the standard turbo will become the limiting factor at this point and an upgrade to the garrett gt2871r will be good enough to see an acceptably reliable:)D) 350bhp atf and a good strong torque figure without losing a significant amount of driveability, after which point he highly recommends you begin strengthening the engine or at the very least fit an uprated head gasket before proceeding any further.

obviously as the power is increased you will need to, or rather find that you have to begin uprating components such as the clutch, tyres, braking system, stability etc. in order to keep all that power manageable and under control.

please wait for someone with more knowledge on the subject to come along and confirm what i have said (there are loads more knowledgable on here beleive me), but i think i have managed to cover most of the things that i have found in my research on the subject :D.

good luck, and dont forget the more higly tuned the car becomes, the more it has to be looked after in the sevicing department - dont skimp on that after spending all that money....

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

DOnt forget the clutch! ;) (really impressed with my lightweight clutch and flywheel setup - that and the pulleys make it really zesty and revvy)

Oil cooler
Sump
BRAKES!
Preferably a Rad too.

M

Matt_S

Look at my spec in my for sale ad. Thats what you need! ;)

If I was to keep the car, Id drop a set of Pro Cams in it or HKS 256/264 with adj pulleys. Some springs too. THen youre good for nearer 380bhp.
Std springs and cams are at their maximum capability at 350bhp. Cant flow the air for more and the springs are too weak so you get either valve bounce or valve float. Depending where you read or listen.