What's new

Would like input on Autech SR

A

al_s14

I am over in US and we do no have any of these around...so rare that getting any reliable input is unrealistic.

So anyway, how does it feel as far as driving performance? With gas prices as they are here i am leaning towards na power plus extra reliability.

Autech SR revs bit higher then standard doesnt it?

Main reason i am considering this is i can get it for 1500USD with cut wiring harness and no ECU(but with trans and acc.) then someone local has an S15 NA(standard) sr with ECu and harness which i plan on use untill i source an AUTECh ecu. Which brings be to another question.

another thing i will have to work around is oem header will not clear the steering shaft(because we drive on wrong side of the street) so i will have to use a custom unit or MAYBE standard SR header will clear i dont know.

Is finding an autech ECU realistic? And if so does anybody know what Part number or code it has stamped on it? A pic would be great if you can get it for me!!!

So anyway do you guys think its worth the hassle? i knwo that power is limited vs turbo. I have had an S14 SR in my old Zenki and itwas fun, but authenticity factor of Autech just gives me wood lol

here is my S14 for anyone that cares

A

Autech_NZ

I am over in US and we do no have any of these around...so rare that getting any reliable input is unrealistic.

So anyway, how does it feel as far as driving performance?

They feel pretty good, they rev well from 3500 to 7400 making most at 7200rpm so if you keep the revs anywhere in that range you will be and feel like you are going fast.

they dont have the top end of a turbo s15 but thats to be expected. they keep up with s13 stock turbos fairly easily.

With gas prices as they are here i am leaning towards na power plus extra reliability.
Mine was pretty reliable, a few less moving parts than the turbo. as for gas usage, with 6th gear cruising is pretty good, normally get 550k's + out of a tank open road driving. if you thrash it at a track then it will use as much as a lightly modded turbo s15 .

Autech SR revs bit higher then standard doesnt it?
up to 7400 redline, screams good up there too :)

Main reason i am considering this is i can get it for 1500USD with cut wiring harness and no ECU(but with trans and acc.) then someone local has an S15 NA(standard) sr with ECu and harness which i plan on use untill i source an AUTECh ecu. Which brings be to another question.
The Autech ecu is just mapped differently to a normal ecu, might be easier to get a daughterboard chip and upload the autech profile to it. (have done this to a mates modded spec s)

another thing i will have to work around is oem header will not clear the steering shaft(because we drive on wrong side of the street) so i will have to use a custom unit or MAYBE standard SR header will clear i dont know.

Hmmm this is a fairly major issue, the headers are one of the best and most important components of the engine, and using custom jobbies will mess with the std autech tune.

Is finding an autech ECU realistic? And if so does anybody know what Part number or code it has stamped on it? A pic would be great if you can get it for me!!!
no idea sorry

So anyway do you guys think its worth the hassle? i knwo that power is limited vs turbo. I have had an S14 SR in my old Zenki and itwas fun, but authenticity factor of Autech just gives me wood lol

If you want N/A performace from a S15 then autech is def the way to go,