What's new

C's and other short shifters

M

Matt_S

How do you mean? If youre on about the 'fake' cheap **** you see on ebay etc, then most of them are designed on the C's shifters. Problem is most of them dont work as well, dont have the small tolerances of the C's and are generally just poor poor seconds.

C's YES :thumbs:
Copies / Cheap Tat NO :(

TBH tho, if it was me, Id either not bother, or get the Nismo Solid Shift.
You can beat the synchros on the standard lever, so whats the point of making the shift even quicker? Unless you deliberately want to wreck your nice and expensive Spec R 6 spd box :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I haven't actually seen a 6 speed short shifter copy. All of the ones on ebay are for a 5 speed. They say S15 in the auction but I would guess they mean the N/A ones as I believe they came with the 5 speed instead of the 6 speed.

Reaction score
I haven't actually seen a 6 speed short shifter copy. All of the ones on ebay are for a 5 speed. They say S15 in the auction but I would guess they mean the N/A ones as I believe they came with the 5 speed instead of the 6 speed.
Your right, the NA S15 only has a 5 speed box.:nod:

Reaction score
Country
What are these like in relation to notchiness, any worse than standard (when cold) ? Also i bet it makes getting into reverse harder ?

Reaction score
i never had a problem with getting reverse when i had mine fitted. but some people to report it as being an issue.

M

Matt_S

Have you got any pics Dazzoi?

Ive not seen any pics of the 6 spd specific ones

And re the probs getting into gear, Ive yet to drive a Nissan (yes, Primera included) that doesnt have its moments not wanting to go into 1st or reverse :wack: I always find holding the lever where its meant to be going and lifting the clutch slightly lets it drop in gear.

Reaction score
I don't have any problems getting into reverse,I just give it a firm wack to the right and its in. I don't find it notchy, in fact I find it firm and precise between gear changes. Love the feel on the track, where you need those quicker changes:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have driven Auss15's car with the short shifter and I have to confirm what he said. I am now waiting for the A$ to go back up and buy one.

Reaction score
to be honest i wouldnt buy another one if i had to do it over again, the standard one is fine. I dont seem to have this reverse issue tho?

4d_dc2

i have noticed with my c;s its abit noisey compared to standard, i dont know if its my box or not but i shouldnt imagine so as there dont sdeem to be any other probs with it

Reaction score
Andy, noise definately got louder when it was fitted, i noticed it straight away! :) I think it's because you have to cut through a seal to fit it, which would have been a sound break.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you pull one of the boots down and over the shifter mount plates, you will reduce the sound noticeably (check my photo guide).