C's and other short shifters

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That boot is replaced by the one in the kit. What often isn't done is the boot in this photo being kept and pulled over the retaining plate as shown.

Reaction score
well mine isn't there, and neither is nicely's.... that picture is from nicely's. oil still in the box.

4d_dc2

Trust me, if you left that with even a 5mm split in it, youd get oil all over the place. I know:wack:
Did it in my S14 :wack:
saying that I have noticed that when the box gets hot I get some smoke coming out of the lether shift boot it's deffo an oily smell. Ah well il check the box levels when I get time. :)

Reaction score
i'd guess that that'd be because the escape efforts to come out there is less than to flow out the breather. cable tie the top down a little more! :D

M

Matt_S

i'd guess that that'd be because the escape efforts to come out there is less than to flow out the breather. cable tie the top down a little more! :D
Take the lot to bits!

Sounds like one of the zip ties has come dislodged and let the boot come loose. Seen that too! :wack:

And youll be surprised how quick the oil will lose itself too. Check it and sort it asap. I noticed a HELL of a difference on my S15s box when I changed the oil and overfilled it as per the OC's suggestion. Mine was notchy - more notchy than I liked to be honest. Probably cos it had a slight weep (not enough to register on the drive!) but it had been weeping slightly due to the top sealing failing a bit. All sorted with some mastic :thumbs: