What's new

Turbo selection

K

kazamas15

I'm thinking about upgrading my turbo.

Initially my plan was to change to HKS GT-RS turbo, but after hearing comments about RS turbo gives more lag at low and mod range. I start to wonder what options I've got...

GT-SS hum pointless change to this turbo coz its identical to stock turbo? My mate suggest me to keep the stock turbo, just change the cam and retune.

What should I do to get the best result? Any suggestions? @@

M

Matt_S

Where are you? Ill take you out in mine and you can tell me if its laggy or not!

Is it fcuk! I think I get full boost (1.45 bar now) at 3400ish. Which aint bad for std cams and timing!

It was my fave turbo before I had even been in a car equipped with one and the main reason why I bought this car! Its awesome! THE best bottom mount turbo for the car. :thumbs:

E

Endless

I got the GT-RS turbo too and I found it to be very responsive and not much lag compare to stock turbo

M

Matt_S

If I was keeping mine, Id get cams, springs and nearer 400bhp. But Im not, so I wont :wack:

:D

Reaction score
i had one for mine before i sold the car...

still got the turbo sat here, just wish i'd kept the car longer to fit it. reason why i got the turbo? cause of how awesome they are!

don't question it, just buy one.... the reason you hear them being that good.. is because they really are!

S

silviac

What output are you aiming for? There is a guy who just changed cam,mhg,and valve springs and getting 238rwkw with stock turbo so that could be your bet? since cam will give you better low end. Of course there are other relative mod to back up except the turbo

Last edited:
Reaction score
The GT RS is a great upgrade for the S15. Iv'e got a few mates with them and they have good power throught the rev range with very litle lag down low. When my stocky pacs it in thats what I will replace it with :):)

Reaction score
im with what the rest have said, ive got the hks gt-rs and some 256 pon cams to go in. Ive looked into some other options and the tomei arms B7652 seems to be very responsive with a 256deg cam setup. Really depends what youre going for. Im after 350 bhp and i want as much response as possible for drifting on the street, no lag here :D