What's new

FAO Dude at JAE! / Fixing Headlights...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Sorry forgot your name homes >.<'

It was someone i was talking to about bringing the headlight's back up like BRAND new.. cant remember the name of the compound you told me about.. any help?

lol

Thanks
-Minto

V

V-MAX

Hi mate,

I remember this coming up on here once before...
The S15 headlights have a habit of going a bit dull or hazey.
I used T-cut and then a good wax polish and they came up like new...

I think Nicely recommended something else but T-cut and polish worked for me. Just don't leave a wet rag of T-cut resting on the plastic headlight as it can soften plastic if left for too long.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Hey V-Max, Yeah iv been doing this in the past so far however it dosnt seem to last long. I have them off the car just now for around 5-6months or so, was planning on going all out on them with what ever i can. Iv been told Sanding them down + Rubber compound or something does the trick. was told that at JAE?..

Reaction score
I'm not sure about sanding them..

I use T-Cut followed by Meguire's Metal Polysh. Brings them up like new with a bit of elbow grease

Reaction score
i've got the meg's version of the porter cable..... gx220.

no elbow grease required. lol light cutting compound and then polish after, come up like glass! :D

M

Matt_S

I use G3 cutting compound :thumbs:

It may even have been me you spoke to at JAE :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Yeah that would have been myself or Jez.

We both attacked the headlights on our FTOs as they suffered from this too and have done it to our S15s.

Start with some wet and dry (1200/1000) and give them a really good rub (just be careful not to catch your paint).

Then clean them, they will look f**ked at this point but dont worry.

Next get some rubbing compund (sold at halfords in yellow tube) and give them a really good rub again.

Then some T-Cut and finally a coupe of time with polish.

Should come up like new when they are done, although mine have some marks that did not come out :(