What's new

Car Might Have To Go

M

Meddy

Oh dear its not turning into a good week. The house Im in the process of buying has been undervalued due to the surveyor being given bum info from the vendors estate agent. :rant:

Now I know the place is worth what Ive offered for it, so to keep the wife from being heart broken Im probably going to have to stump up the deficit myself. Trouble is if I do this then I really am going to have to sell the car, as we will need some money to do work on the place etc. I do love the car but the wifes happiness comes in front of a toy Im afraid.

Dont expect anyone to offer anything more than dont do it, but thought it might help my state of mind to get it down in writing. Infact its only made me feel more miserable. : :cry:

So heres hoping my official challenge to the valuation provided by the surveyor is upheld. :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ah mate, thats bad, sorry to hear about this, although it would seem your priorities are in the right place :thumbs:.... although that aint going to make you feel any better.

Let us know how you get on, we'll all be hoping you keep it, so dont keep us waiting to long :D :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Damn! :( Know how you must feel about the wife. Trouble is, selling the S15 is not going to be a quick money earner. Its going to take time to get what its worth...

Is there no other way to raise the money?

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Damn! :( Know how you must feel about the wife. Trouble is, selling the S15 is not going to be a quick money earner. Its going to take time to get what its worth...

Is there no other way to raise the money?
Yeah I know it'll take a while to shift but there would be no real hurry. I can cover what we need from savings. The things wifey has in mind to do to the place arent needed just would be nice to do, so if it takes a few months to sell, so be it. Hopefully I wont have to but looking how this week has panned out so far....

Cant really raise the money any other way no. Short of a loan which I dont want. Could sell the wifes car, but she wouldnt be impressed and unlike me actually needs it to get to work.

We will see I guess. Its the not knowing which pees me of more than anything. :nod:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
O man its sad to hear these kinda things i realy hope u get something sorted out and keep the car...
but if u do sell can i have ur bumper hehe..... :D

M

Meddy

sushiming said:
O man its sad to hear these kinda things i realy hope u get something sorted out and keep the car...
but if u do sell can i have ur bumper hehe..... :D
I was wondering how long it would take for the vultures to start circling. :D

M

Meddy

sushiming said:
I dont mind if its different colour i can respray it :wave:
Would have thought whoever buys it would be a bitt miffed at having a white bumper though.

M

Meddy

Annnnnnndddddd Breeeeeaaaaatttthhhh!

Ive sorted it. Cashed in some investments Id forgotten about so I can keep my car. Woo Hoooo! :D :D :thumbs:

So sorry Ming no bumper. :p

I wish there was a dancing a jig smiley! :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
damit.... :rant: O i mean wahay.......goood to hear hehehe :thumbs:
but u can still exchange bumpers with me tho heheh :wave:

M

Meddy

Thanks folks it was a nasty few hours for me. Who would have thought that a saturday job at Woolies in my Teens would prove to be my saviour now?

Glad I get to keep the old heap until Ive really had enough of it which should be a good while yet. :nod:

Oh and Ming I'll swap bumpers with you if you give me the going rate for it. What was it ?860 from Nissan? :p

M

Meddy

Topper said:
Horay........... good news mate :nod: :clap: Glad you got it sorted quickly :thumbs:
Me too although I now have absolutely no savings. :( Having said that Id kind of forgotten about the shares anyway, so I wont miss them.

I have earned many browny points with the wife though. :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
Me too although I now have absolutely no savings. :( Having said that Id kind of forgotten about the shares anyway, so I wont miss them.

I have earned many browny points with the wife though. :)
You will still have moeny in the car, push comes to shove and all that :thumbs: