What's new

S15 Australia Insurance?

F

FlyingChicken

Hi
Just wondering from the Aus Members, how much insurance is to cover the S15 and which company? I plan to get one when i am around 21-22, in one to two years so i can wait till after i get my full licence!

Thanks for any replies!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Last edited:
R

RyanNK

I started my insurance with Young and Cool when I was 21 driving my S15. They have since been changed to Famous. Although I haven't had to make a claim yet *touches wood* their prices have been good and they have accepted all of my modifications thus far with only small increases to my premium.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
My mate is with Famous (young and cool). He has had 2 accidents that were not his fault and he hasn't had any issues with the claims or repairs. Everything seemed to go pretty smooth.

F

FlyingChicken

This young and cool, seems to be quite popular! Although i have not heard of them before! haha! Right now with RACV! Any comment on Just Cars? They seem to have given me a good quote.

Oh Btw I will of course be getting the JDM. Also I am with RACV now. If I have had an accident before, and when i get the S15 i go with a different insurance, what happens if i dont declare the accident? Sorry for this many questions !!

F

Fro-Daddy

Why 'of course JDM'? My insurance quote for an ADM was a lot cheaper :p

22yo, rating 2, Just Car, JDM S15 - $2k with everything listed.
Shannons wanted me to be over 25 or not to drive to and from work, ie, weekends only.
From memory, Famous were expensive for me.

Don't be an idiot, tell them your true and complete driving history. It will save any hassles later on if anything should happen.

F

FlyingChicken

JDM because AUDM is just not the same. It's just like if i bought an AUDM then someone rocks up next to me with JDM, a feeling of inadequacy would come over me. I want the best that i can get. May i ask why you bought a JDM then? :nod:

F

Fro-Daddy

It was cheaper outright, I'm obsessed with climate control, rear wipers are handy, when I eventually do upgrade the turbo its worth almost double to anyone else, less km's, managed to find one with a sunroof, no spoiler and I was in no rush (which was lucky because it missed the first boat). I didn't just get it because of the wanky 'status' you get at a set of lights...

F

FlyingChicken

Woah chill man, can't we just be friends? I didnt join to this club to start people. Phew! Anyway, its more than a "wanky status" for me too! I've been wanting this car since the day since Year 8 (when i realised i couldn't afford a R34 GTR :nod:, that and I can't stand the reflectors on the rear bar WHICH leads me to wanting one with the full aero kit from the spec r INCLUDING the optional aero front bar found on the JDM's and the rear pods as well (not available on AUDM, even the GT edition, all of which is easier if it came off the boat like that, rather than getting AUDM and having to source them and then having to source an all new stock rear bar just to get rid of the reflectors)

ANYWAY!!! :sleep: Anyone else got any other comments on insurance at the 21-22 age? Anyone daring enough to go for RACV?:rotfl: So far for I'm leaning towards Just Car (Thanks to fro-daddy for that reply on Just Cars). And no, we don't have Sheila's Wheels haha! Thanks anyway! That and, I'm no sheila!

F

Fro-Daddy

That was meant to be an attack, sorry mate. RACQ up here won't touch anything imported from my experience, but I have heard by the end of the year they should be...

Reckon you will go to a yard and pick one or get them to import one for you?

F

FlyingChicken

I don't know of much yards in Melb. The only places I've found are from people off carsales (lack of choice), and a place called Carizma over here, that import off tradecarview.com. I was wondering about prestigemotorsports as well? or getting one from a the traders on nissansilvia.com? What were your experiences? Keeping in mind I do want one with that specific aero kit and definitely a sunroof too. They are rare, but exist. Right now I'm 50/50 over getting already landed or find one in Japan.

RACV here have quoted me in excess of 4K, which is very dear.

Reaction score
For the type of specifics you want in a JDM S15 you would be better to source one of Yahoo Auctions and bring it in as a personal import.

Get one of your local importers to comply it for you once landed.

Will cost you about 10K landed, duty, complied and registered ;)