What's new

Is this standardon some models?

J

JoeyNorway

As the topic says, is this standard on some models?

The reason I'm asking, is that the previous owner of my car, has cut a hole in the dashboard, to fit a homemade stand for the boostcontroller.
This does not look that pretty, and then I found this picture, and I got an idea.

What I'm asking is: Where can I get this? :D

Thank you.

J

JoeyNorway

it is a factory option and you probably don't want it unless your Japanese is fluent and you don't mind a GPS system that will get you anywhere you want in Japan... :)
But I don't want the whole system, just the "hatch"(or what you may call it)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Could be possible to order from Japan.
If anyone has FAST and a chassis number for a S15 with satnav they should be able to look up the part number. I'm at work now so can't access FAST and I don't have a chassis number for a satnav S15, so can't really help. Can try to look in the optional parts area of FAST when I get home if I've got the time.

J

JoeyNorway

Could be possible to order from Japan.
If anyone has FAST and a chassis number for a S15 with satnav they should be able to look up the part number. I'm at work now so can't access FAST and I don't have a chassis number for a satnav S15, so can't really help. Can try to look in the optional parts area of FAST when I get home if I've got the time.
Thanks Yakozan, appreciate it ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Found something in fast. Don't know what parts you'll need though.
Those are not the actuall part number, but if you point out which parts you'll need on the diagram I can get the part numbers.

Strange thing is that the this dash with a hole in it had the same number as a regular dash :confused:

J

JoeyNorway

Found something in fast. Don't know what parts you'll need though.
Those are not the actuall part number, but if you point out which parts you'll need on the diagram I can get the part numbers.

Strange thing is that the this dash with a hole in it had the same number as a regular dash :confused:

I'm sorry I haven't been active for the last few months.

Great answer Yakozan, and thanks for your help so far,
and if you wish to help me more, I would appreciate it.

I guess I need all of the parts pictured above the dashboard :)

And yes Yakozan, I got Jan Harald's "old" S15. (the black one)

J

JoeyNorway

So, I could just forget using the original parts then?

Does anyone have another solution?

I can post a picture of the "hole" later.

Reaction score
you could make a hatch, any good audio installer could build one and fit it for you. How you want it to open is up to you. Electrical motor, solenoid, etc youre only limited by your imagination. If it was me id make a fiberglass or carbon flap and raise it with a solenoid.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you could make a hatch, any good audio installer could build one and fit it for you. How you want it to open is up to you. Electrical motor, solenoid, etc youre only limited by your imagination. If it was me id make a fiberglass or carbon flap and raise it with a solenoid.
I know a guy who is awesome at this kind of stuff, too bad he is in the states. It would be a little expensive to ship your dash there and back.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Id also attempt a custom job with some carbon. My best friend did it with his Lexus, but then opted on the OEM unit and re-wired the mech to allow it to open and close without the fancy controller unit etc.

Its soooooo fly! inside instead of the OEM GPS he mounted a G-Reddy Infometer with a carbon surround.

SR2O

Reaction score
Ah the damn sat-nav system. I think I could pull this thing apart with my eyes shut now (had to repair damaged cog system)

I originally had the intentions of converting the screen to a touch-screen hooked to a CarPC. Much easier said than done, few issues that have put me in a CBF mood with it for the moment:

- Finding a replacement for the OEM screen is hard, especially in touch-screen format given the uncommon form factor.

- Stock headunit controls the open/close mechanism you would need to wire a bypass switch for this. Probably isn't too hard for those good at electronics as it only power a basic servo motor (like litte rc cars)

- If you decide to keep the stock screen then you have an issue with inputs, most of you probably don't know but the system has RCA (i.e. 2xAudio, 1xVideo) inputs hidden in the car. Problem is this is useless when it comes to PC resolutions/refresh rates. Also is NTSC an issue for me given we use PAL here in Australia.

I'll eventually work this all out, need to get motivated to tackle it lol. Hope that helps anyone who is looking at this system.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ah the damn sat-nav system. I think I could pull this thing apart with my eyes shut now (had to repair damaged cog system)

I originally had the intentions of converting the screen to a touch-screen hooked to a CarPC. Much easier said than done, few issues that have put me in a CBF mood with it for the moment:

- Finding a replacement for the OEM screen is hard, especially in touch-screen format given the uncommon form factor.

- Stock headunit controls the open/close mechanism you would need to wire a bypass switch for this. Probably isn't too hard for those good at electronics as it only power a basic servo motor (like litte rc cars)

- If you decide to keep the stock screen then you have an issue with inputs, most of you probably don't know but the system has RCA (i.e. 2xAudio, 1xVideo) inputs hidden in the car. Problem is this is useless when it comes to PC resolutions/refresh rates. Also is NTSC an issue for me given we use PAL here in Australia.

I'll eventually work this all out, need to get motivated to tackle it lol. Hope that helps anyone who is looking at this system.
hmmm.... carpc? you wouldn't happen to be on mp3car.com by any chance?