What's new

Gauges - Where do you put yours?

Where?

• Total voters
S

Snoozr

How many people put their gauges in the Vents?

How many people use the stands provided?

Post pics if possible :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Vents got my vote, looks factory fitted and no mickey mouse stands all over the dash :p

Does the siron only come out of the three vents in the centre?? It surely comes out of every vent??

D

Derek

This a close one.. Vents get my choice. Would it fuck up the air con by putting vents in? would u have to block air somehow?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No. You'd just get less face level fresh air. You'd also have to make sure there's an air-tight seal behind the gauge(s). The cold/heat/moisture can wreck them.

Never been a keen on loads of gauges. If I ever want that much info, I'll probably get something electronic and incorporate everything. :)

S

S15R

yes, gauges are useless
i had to get one because the factory boost gauge only 1 bar

loads of gauges = rice :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: I'd like to replace the A-pillar with a 2 bar. I originally got an A pillar boost gauge in the S14 cos I needed it for the mechanical boost valve I had. Then I got an AVC-R...then a Blitz TT. Never looked at it again. :rolleyes: Thinking about it, maybe I should get something more useful for the A Pillar...:p

P

paulphot

I only have a boost gauge at the moment, (only mod is manual boost controller). It sits under the dash near my left knee. I can only really see it if the wheel is straight which suits me, I like to watch the road when I'm turning. I guess if you get an aftermarket ECU and then a proper dyno tune you shouldn't need too many gauges. It's not like the A/F ratios are suddenly going to go all over the place and if you run an EBC your boost should be okay. Maybe a small panel with some sort of LED system to warn you of problems such as overboost or leaning out would be handy. You could make it fit in a single DIN unit and if you get a warning you refer to your ECU codes. I don't know, just an idea. :)

C

Chris S15

Yep. Jaycar internal/external temp gauge with battery voltage too. I like to know what's going on.

C

Chris S15

installing them into the DIN isn't hard at all, if you know electrics. But installing the senders may be a little difficult if you're not mechanically capable.