Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    I have a suspicion that the flapping noise when you shut the door is to do with the airbag circuit. Check if it does it when you just press the interior light door switch...
    Tried this, that isnt it

Welcome to Silver Bullet - Get in the Introductions section with pics

Liked
    Yeah, I tried it too...didn't do it.

Derek Guest
    Welcome

Yes, the temp sensor for the JDM climate control lurks behind it.
    There is a Air duct pipe connected to this and the Sensor, Does it actually work or do anything?

khoala Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silvias15
    haha ok, nice little model . nah i'm pretty sure it's the connection for ashtray light. I had to disconnect it when i removed the whole centre console to spray a clear coat over it.
    you sprayed a clear coat over your centre console?

does it help reduce the wear?
    mines pretty hacked up!

silvias15 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by khoala
    Quote Originally Posted by silvias15
    haha ok, nice little model . nah i'm pretty sure it's the connection for ashtray light. I had to disconnect it when i removed the whole centre console to spray a clear coat over it.
    you sprayed a clear coat over your centre console?

does it help reduce the wear?
    mines pretty hacked up!
    Yeh it helps A LOT. I could almost say it's scratch resistant now, almost.
    It still looks like the first day I picked it up from the dealership.

Liked
    Just ordinary lacquer?

silvias15 Guest
    Just ordinary lacquer?
    Just had a look at the can i used and it's acylic lacquer. I did about 5-7 coats.

stevec Guest
    I sold my S15 a couple of years ago now but just reading this post I thought I'd put in my .002 bhp's worth

Mystery switch on the dash...

this is a front heated window switch. I never used it when I had mine, but if you have this switch and look at the bottom of your front windscreen you will see a small element. I think it is just for unfreezing your wipers.

My car was supplied with an english manual, the chap who imported t paid for a NZ owners manual.

/steve

Liked
    Welcome to stevec

The plastic cover under the car houses an air vent from the inside, so when you close your door your windows dont smash with the preasure, its got a rubber flap over the vent on the inside of the white box, which flaps when you close the door

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15
    rear right: found it. Interesting. I don't think it's for venting the cabin (could be wrong) because when i was look at the back of my car someone was opening and closing my drivers door. Everytime they closed it, i could hear a "flap". Sounded like a one way rubber seal. try it out and tell me if you guys hear it too. But, mind you, i didn't know about that rear right thing, might be it.
    Was checking this out with Blinx and Kango on Saturday. Its a one way flap to release cabin pressure when shutting doors.