What's new

S15 hidden features.

S

silvias15

Nicely said:
silvias15 said:
Nicely said:
Think I've got one of those, but its black. Startlingly good photos BTW... :eek: :p
This reminded me of the mystery connector I keep seeing under the centre console:

That looks like the connector for the ashtray light. Does your ashtray light work?
Its got a light? :p Honestly don't know. My ashtray is permanently sealed shut by having that mini S15 blu-taked on it...
haha ok, nice little model :D . nah i'm pretty sure it's the connection for ashtray light. I had to disconnect it when i removed the whole centre console to spray a clear coat over it.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
silvias15 said:
Nicely said:
silvias15 said:
Nicely said:
Think I've got one of those, but its black. Startlingly good photos BTW... :eek: :p
This reminded me of the mystery connector I keep seeing under the centre console:

That looks like the connector for the ashtray light. Does your ashtray light work?
Its got a light? :p Honestly don't know. My ashtray is permanently sealed shut by having that mini S15 blu-taked on it...
haha ok, nice little model :D . nah i'm pretty sure it's the connection for ashtray light. I had to disconnect it when i removed the whole centre console to spray a clear coat over it.
Had nothing to do in the garage tonight so ripped the whole centre console out and had a look.

That connector is not for the ashtray light. The ashtray light connector is smaller and hopefullt connected to the ashtray light :)
The musterious connection isn't connected to anything on my car either. Could be extra weight to get the car balance perfect ;)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I too get the flapping noise from the rear when shutting the door :nod:

I too have the unknown white box under the car :nod:

I too have a spare connector under the centre console with no use for it :nod:

:D

S

silvias15

Had nothing to do in the garage tonight so ripped the whole centre console out and had a look.

That connector is not for the ashtray light. The ashtray light connector is smaller and hopefullt connected to the ashtray light :)
The musterious connection isn't connected to anything on my car either. Could be extra weight to get the car balance perfect ;)
Hmmm, that's strange indeed. The only connection I have (which looks like that plug) under the centre console is for the astray light. No spare / unused plugs lying around. Mine's an Aust. Spec. Maybe only Jap Specs have them? :confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I have a suspicion that the flapping noise when you shut the door is to do with the airbag circuit. Check if it does it when you just press the interior light door switch...

S

Silver Bullet

does anyone know what the small mesh grill is between the steering wheel and the stereo?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
silvias15 said:
Hmmm, that's strange indeed. The only connection I have (which looks like that plug) under the centre console is for the astray light. No spare / unused plugs lying around. Mine's an Aust. Spec. Maybe only Jap Specs have them? :confused:
Could be :confused:
The connection for my ashtray light was smaller and more square shaped.

S

Silver Bullet

Thanks for the welcome

It's a cool site you guys have here, just starting to work my way through it.

cheers

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I have a suspicion that the flapping noise when you shut the door is to do with the airbag circuit. Check if it does it when you just press the interior light door switch...
Tried this, that isnt it :no:

Welcome to Silver Bullet - Get in the Introductions section with pics :thumbs:

D

Derek

Nicely said:
Welcome :wave:

Yes, the temp sensor for the JDM climate control lurks behind it. :)
There is a Air duct pipe connected to this and the Sensor, Does it actually work or do anything?

K

khoala

silvias15 said:
you sprayed a clear coat over your centre console?

does it help reduce the wear?
mines pretty hacked up!

S

silvias15

khoala said:
silvias15 said:
you sprayed a clear coat over your centre console?

does it help reduce the wear?
mines pretty hacked up!
Yeh it helps A LOT. I could almost say it's scratch resistant now, almost. :cool:
It still looks like the first day I picked it up from the dealership. :thumbs:

S

stevec

I sold my S15 a couple of years ago now but just reading this post I thought I'd put in my .002 bhp's worth;)

Mystery switch on the dash...

this is a front heated window switch. I never used it when I had mine, but if you have this switch and look at the bottom of your front windscreen you will see a small element. I think it is just for unfreezing your wipers.

My car was supplied with an english manual, the chap who imported t paid for a NZ owners manual.

/steve

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Welcome to stevec :wave:

The plastic cover under the car houses an air vent from the inside, so when you close your door your windows dont smash with the preasure, its got a rubber flap over the vent on the inside of the white box, which flaps when you close the door :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Chris S15 said:
rear right: found it. Interesting. I don't think it's for venting the cabin (could be wrong) because when i was look at the back of my car someone was opening and closing my drivers door. Everytime they closed it, i could hear a "flap". Sounded like a one way rubber seal. try it out and tell me if you guys hear it too. But, mind you, i didn't know about that rear right thing, might be it.
Was checking this out with Blinx and Kango on Saturday. Its a one way flap to release cabin pressure when shutting doors. :)