What's new

Insurance on an S15?

Reaction score
I had just turned 21, 3 years ncb, 1 x sp30 - 3 points, mods decleared, fully comp, £900, spec R, and thats with Bell.

V

vti_coupw

i rang quinn-direct before i was buyin the s15 and they wanted another 1000 euro for insurance and i was allready paying 2000 on my vti coupe, so i bought a 1litre citroen saxo for 170 euro transfered my insurance onto that from the coupe and the are refunding me over 800 euros, and i can drive the s15 with the open drive on the policy!! they class the s15 as a "road goin track car" im 19 with my full licence for 2 yrs, full n.C.B and no points

subzero

Reaction score
i rang quinn-direct before i was buyin the s15 and they wanted another 1000 euro for insurance and i was allready paying 2000 on my vti coupe, so i bought a 1litre citroen saxo for 170 euro transfered my insurance onto that from the coupe and the are refunding me over 800 euros, and i can drive the s15 with the open drive on the policy!! they class the s15 as a "road goin track car" im 19 with my full licence for 2 yrs, full n.C.B and no points
you know the s15 will need to be insured by some one to avail of that open driving option.

V

vti_coupw

no it doesnt bud its even on my insurance cert that i can drive any car as long as i hold a full license im only covered third party though, it doesnt hav to be insured by another person

subzero

Reaction score
no it doesnt bud its even on my insurance cert that i can drive any car as long as i hold a full license im only covered third party though, it doesnt hav to be insured by another person
i enquired about this before, the car needs to be road legal with all the necassary discs on the window . you need the car owners permission etc. the car cannot be owned by yourself.

youll get done for loads of ****, you wont have an insurance disc so will automatically get fined for none display. id go ask a friendly guard before you get stopped adn nailed to the wall.

D

david

Subzero is rite it has to be insured if it hadnt every one would be at it. iv trade(garage)insurance 5 years now and i can drive anything on it and thats fully comp but i am a mechanic and sell the odd car and also am 28 so a bit of an oldy now.

V

vti_coupw

i was told by a member of quinn an so was another mate of mine, once the car is nct'd and taxed (its deemed road legal) it can be drivin, before it did hav to be insured on another policy but they changed it, and the car is not registered in my name