What's new

Anyone sick of their 15?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep - i cant stop spending money on it and its making me sick:)

T

TonyS15

Yeah i keep spending on it also which is breaking me and its making me mad because i want to spend so much more on it but financially cant.

Also i know soon i will have to sell to buy a house, i really want to keep it forever but i know realistically i cant buy a house and own an S15.

Rant over.

On the plus side, however mad you get just taking it for a drink brings back a smile everytime.

Reaction score
Country
I only get sick of how low my exhaust is and i cringe over every speed bump...but i smile again when i put my foot down and the tail does a little wobble :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
I only get sick of how low my exhaust is and i cringe over every speed bump...but i smile again when i put my foot down and the tail does a little wobble :)
oh yeah, forgot about that too - oh and the vvt rattle in the mornings:rolleyes:
still love it though

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sick of it?
I've had mine for over 3 years and I still love it :)

Is it only me who sometimes after parking, just stands and looks at it for awhile?
Thing of beauty. Especially the rear fenders and the front.

G

gunner93

If you're driving it too often, get another daily car to work or a bus to work or car pool with your pals. After three days, you will be itching to get into your S15 again!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Short answer: Nope.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
If you're driving it too often, get another daily car to work or a bus to work or car pool with your pals. After three days, you will be itching to get into your S15 again!
thats exactly what im gonna do, my last car was a daily driver and apart from racking up the miles, picking up chips and the running costs it also made me get bored of it sooner than i would of had it been a weekend car. definitely getting a pug 106 1.1 before the winter sets in. getting into the silvia then will be like heaven:D

oh, and i step outside the front door for ciggies (missus doesn't smoke), and all the while im constantly looking at the car - hate to sound sad but its a real thing of beauty so youre not the only one mate

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am sick of my S15.. on the street

it clunks from a worn diff
it rattles, due to no interior
it rattles due to big wing
no air con
seat is uncomfortable
suspension too hard
brakes squeel
clutch gives me the sh1ts
gearbox was rebuilt too tight

but hit an open windy road or the racetrack and the car is in its element... at the last track day i managed to do 104 laps and i missed the last 2 sessions of the day due to not bringing enough spare fuel with me.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Is it only me who sometimes after parking, just stands and looks at it for awhile?
Thing of beauty. Especially the rear fenders and the front.
:wave: guilty! haha i do love this car so bloody much! Just the lines they have is mad! Sure there's little irritating thing, as is with every car but meh..

for some reason, i dont even care that im skint and i need more petrol >.<'

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I get sick of cleaning it (every weekend unless I'm away on hols lol) but then it's like my daily job, you have to do it!!!

Yeah, I love the fact that I'm 'looking after' me dad's BMW 525d at the mo which means I don't drive the 15 for days and when I get back in it, it's like I'm in love all over again hehe :D

M

Matt_S

Im not sik of it, took it for the first proper drive in 3 weeks this weekend. 5th gear felt like I remembered 3rd its sooooooooo quick!
But the fact I can go for that long without being bothered is one of the reasons its going up for sale this month.
Im not feeling the passion I used to and its prbabaly better off with a new owner and some new found passion.
Give it a slightly quieter exhaust and its an ideal daily driver. Its even prety economical on the run! :)

P

Pazz

I use mine as a daily driver, I dont think there is a quicker car that still returns the same mpg. I atleast have not found an alternative which is comparable in price.

And then theres the looks. Everytime I clean it or approach it in the car park I discover a new angle to look at the car which just so happens to be beautiful. Last weekend it was the back end while it was up in the air on a 4-post lift.

In my oppinion weekend cars can be, and often are, pointless and expensive. Unless its a classic I wouldnt bother.

subzero

Reaction score
sometimes i hate it .... due to the exhaust hitting the groudn adn having to do 40mph on most roads in rieland , also cant leave it anywhere coz theres allways some lowlife that just wont leave it alone....

.... but all this aside , theres days it can change a ****ty day at work in a split second as i walk out to it and lay eyes on it on a sunny day ....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Im not sik of it, took it for the first proper drive in 3 weeks this weekend. 5th gear felt like I remembered 3rd its sooooooooo quick!
But the fact I can go for that long without being bothered is one of the reasons its going up for sale this month.
Im not feeling the passion I used to and its prbabaly better off with a new owner and some new found passion.
Give it a slightly quieter exhaust and its an ideal daily driver. Its even prety economical on the run! :)
Know exactly what you mean... :nod: