What's new

S15 Equipment

L

Lee75

Hi all i'm getting a S15 soon :D i'm upgrading from a S14 :) i was wondering what equipment you get as standard on the S15 spec-r

Thanks Lee

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lee75 said:
Hi all i'm getting a S15 soon :D i'm upgrading from a S14 :) i was wondering what equipment you get as standard on the S15 spec-r

Thanks Lee
Hello and welcome to the S15OC. :wave:

It might help a bit if you state where you are located as this is an international forum.

The specs differs depending if it's a Jap spec, Aus spec or NZ spec.

Best regards

L

Lee75

I forgot about that :rolleyes: , Nottingham UK I'm looking at importing a Jap spec-r just wondered what they came with as standard

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
the range is very huge really depends on what u can get from the autions now...and depending on colour aswell the price diffs a lot...are u looking for something thats modded or standard??
how you going to import it ? import company or ya self??
O yeh welcome mate :wave:

S

S15R

Spec R comes with 250hp SR20DET, 6 spd gbox, lsd...
Spec S comes with 160hp SR20DE, 5spd gbox, slow..

L

Lee75

sushiming said:
the range is very huge really depends on what u can get from the autions now...and depending on colour aswell the price diffs a lot...are u looking for something thats modded or standard??
how you going to import it ? import company or ya self??
O yeh welcome mate :wave:
:wave:
I'm going to import it myself through ISI, I'm after a black one theres not many good ones around at the moment
I'm not botherd about it being lightly modded as it wont stay standard for long ;)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
if it modded u will need all standard part to get it pass the esva iam not sure if ur aware of that...

L

Lee75

yes i've heard of that, what can you get away with the esva as in mod wise? like suspension, wheels, exhaust, air filter.
i wont be selling my s14 till i've got one so i can use some standard parts of that

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lee75 said:
yes i've heard of that, what can you get away with the esva as in mod wise? like suspension, wheels, exhaust, air filter.
i wont be selling my s14 till i've got one so i can use some standard parts of that
Mine got through with different suspension. But they look kinda stockish, so I don't think that a set of Tein or HKS coilovers would get through the ESVA.
Different wheels are OK as long as they are the same dimensions as stock and the tires should be the same dimension as stock too.

Exhaust and/or pod air filter will most likely not get through. However a sports filter in the stock airbox might.

You also have to get a cat 1 immobilizer fitted before the ESVA.

Have a look at this thread. I really recommend this guy in Japan and he can get any S15 you want through the auctions.
He arranges shipping, deregistration and everything else on the japan side.
Only to pick up and get through ESVA and MOT to do for you :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I always recommend buying standard. You will generally have no record of exactly what has been done to a modified S15. This can actually hide things. Buy Standard and do it yourself. It may look as though you will save money getting something with mods on, but it may later turn out to be costly.

Also, only go to a company which is a member a at least one motor trade organization, such as BIMTA. If you later have problems with the car and importer, you will then have the support of this organization. One particularly well known importer isn't a member of any organization, and this has made it very difficult for one of our members to get backup for an issue he has with them.

L

Lee75

I'll email that GB Auto trader :nod: did you find your car your self or did they fid it for you
i think that'll be best Nicely to get standard, i'm off the sxoc so i now someone had problems ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lee75 said:
I'll email that GB Auto trader :nod: did you find your car your self or did they fid it for you
i think that'll be best Nicely to get standard, i'm off the sxoc so i now someone had problems ;)
You'll have to find the car yourself. But there's loads of S15s on auction every day.
So finding a good one in the right colour should take max a couple of weeks (unless you want a white or pewter, then it should take a couple of days :thumbs: ).

When you find one you want to make a bid at. You just tell Hideo at GBautotrader and he inspects the car and get back to you on how he thought the car was, an auction sheet translation and a price on what he think it might sell for. then it's up to you to setup a bidding roof.

It's very easy once you get a hang of it.

As Nicely said above. You might want to read my import story :)

If there is any additional questions feel free to ask them :)