What's new

Horn doesn't work..

S

silviac

When I press horn buttons it no longer honk....

What needs to be changed? Is it electrical?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
check your fuse first. If that isn't blown, check you have 12v at the horn when you push the horn button. If there is 12v there, your horn is stuffed. You should be able to get a replacement from any good auto store. If there is not 12v there, the problem will be in your steering wheel.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what about checking for corrosion on the horn brackets after you've done all that - unlikely that both would go at once but i looked at mine the other day (relocating for fmic) and it appears that they only have +12v feeds and earth through the case of the horn to the chassis brackets......

S

silviac

Horn worked but very very silently as if it was going to die... then it stopped so I assumed that there is 12v. Anything else I need to look?

Reaction score
could be the horn itself. If you test for current like the lads have said and you dont get any its either a fuse or your earth. If you are getting a current then id connect another horn to see if yours is dead or not.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah - I had this recently where the horn was more like a 'pppphhhht' lol. Sometimes it worked again properly then other times sounded like it was dying.

Turned out in the end it was just the earth wires needed sorting out as the OEM wires look pretty feeble!! :)