What's new

help with wheel offset

M

mys15

hey guys,

about to order some new Gram Lights 57F-pro, would these wheel specs fit on a s15?

front 18*9 +24 or +18
rear 18*10 +22

i got stock suspension now but will be getting Greddy Type S coilovers, will be also getting wider front fenders.

thanks

Reaction score
Country
Hi dude,

They will fit with slight camber, rolled guards and low width tyres.. like 215/40F and 235/35R

You can go wider tyres but gives u less clearance, since you are going to have wider front fenders, you can go for wider tyres at the front . Rear it's better to keep at 235s.

If you are going to run wider front fender, +18 will have no problem as well. +24 will be good for stock fenders.

M

mys15

so with these specs, i don't need spacers(i don't wanna be running spacers
)?

how much will the fronts 18*9 +18 stick out by with the stock fenders?
and will these clear the front stock brake calipar?

also the 18 *9 & 18*10 will clear the stock suspension/coliovers?

ordering the wheels online so i need the right offsets and don't wanna get the wrong one.
i want as much dish at the rear with stock rear,
maybe with rolled guards/flare.

i went yesterday to a shop that had a pair of gram lights 57s w/ titanium coating, they were 19*9 and had alot of dish. the rims looked huge and didn't look like they could fit on an s15. they were going for $1800.
thanks heaps

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hello :)

I think you will have quite a few issues trying to get those to fit on standard fenders :( The rears may fit with a 10" wide rim but you will need a higher offset, preferably +35 or +38. The fronts id say a +30 and some negative camber but you risk fouling the tyres on the springs.

Too much of a lower offset and the wheels will be sticking right outside the arches, risking tyre and arch contact and a problem with the Police (in many countries anyway).

S

SherlockHomeboy

Hello :)

I think you will have quite a few issues trying to get those to fit on standard fenders :( The rears may fit with a 10" wide rim but you will need a higher offset, preferably +35 or +38. The fronts id say a +30 and some negative camber but you risk fouling the tyres on the springs.

Too much of a lower offset and the wheels will be sticking right outside the arches, risking tyre and arch contact and a problem with the Police (in many countries anyway).
I agree, especially if you're running stock suspension... I have a hard enough time getting my fronts not to rub (I'm on 350z Rays, fronts are 18x8 et30) and I've got uprated suspension... The only way I can make sure it doesn't rub is by raising the car slightly and dialing up the stiffness of my coilovers... that said, they still rub like crazy on the track... :no:

With stock suspension you'll have even more problems as you can't adjust the settings much.

Reaction score
Country
It's hard to say how much they stick out because there are camber adjustments to factor in.

What disk type is the +18 and +24? A-disk will have the maximum brake clearance so choose that and you will be fine for the front. You can run Z disk at the rears for maximum dish as the brakes are smaller so doesnt need a big brake clearance.

18x9 +18, you would need anything up -3 cambers and above to fit these under stock guards. +24 will be slightly more sane, -2 to -2.5 cambers will be enough.

18 x 9 +12 running greddy type S as well

I'm sure they fit yours fine :)

M

mys15

F 18*9 +18 +24 = A(34) hub clearance
R 18*10 +22 = B(22) hub clearance or / +12 = A(34) hub clearance

ichi-go, thats a hot s15, are those 18*9 +12 all around or just the fronts?

Reaction score
Country
18 x 10 +22 B clearance will be fine for the rear.

That's just the front mate. Rears are still waiting for 19 x 9.5+12. Yeh one hot 15 that's for sure!