What's new

Petrol BAH!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
here we go again.. usual petrol rant!

Got a call from my mate with a Super Charged lexus last night to tell me "Aberdeen is out of Petrol" and im like.. eh?

Turns out.. Diesel ran out, Unleaded ran out.. and by the time i was done work today everyone bought Vpower because there was no Unleaded THUS no Vpower for minty when he was done work.

Drove to the closed Shell at my work, nothing.. then went to the next.. closed, when to the next (and last one in town) to find mile long cue's (around about 2pm) and when i got to the pump, just diesel... :annoyed:

Went inside to ask if anyone had Vpower but they didnt know, so drove back to the dyce one (First one) and put in £20 of unleaded, As long as i dont put it into mad boost should be ok, went and bought octane boost to be on the safe side. When i got back to dyce they had a delivery of unleaded.

The guy inside said there isnt a demand for Vpower so they wont have any in Aberdeen until next week, 'possibly' the weekend but he doubt'd it.
Went inpast BP to find no Ultimate and Tesco had no more 99ron stuffy.

hmm, Any of you guys run your s15's on normal unleaded all the time?

on the plus side the dude in the petrol station asked what the hell kind of car i was driving, and when i got octane booster the dudes in the shop was like "Are those some kind of crazy Japaneses green LED's hangin from your bumpers!?!?!?!?" with some mad shock to their faces hehe.

Reaction score
never run it on normal, but like you say... don't go mad with it, and you'll be ok...

as soon as you can get some 99 in it, do so.... :)

i've not even been to the petrol station to see if anyone has run out! LOL

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ive now switched to tesco 99 and plan on getting the remap done to match as per what nicely has done. makes sense rather than keep driving out of the way to the local shell.....

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Out of gas?
Is that common?

I've experienced that the regular 95 RON was out one time and the gasstation offered the 98 ROn for the same price as 95. Filled up all cars with 98 with a grin on my face :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've experienced that the regular 95 RON was out one time and the gasstation offered the 98 ROn for the same price as 95. Filled up all cars with 98 with a grin on my face :)
That kind of place only exists in dreams??!! :D

Yeah, the typical dumb-ass situation has occurred. Media spend days saying 'don't panic buy...' and what do the fecktard general public do??

My other half witnessed people filling petrol cans as well as their cars :wack: I mean for F*** SAKE :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yako (and others outside the UK), the reason we have shortages at the mo is because the Shell tanker drivers went on strike for four days from last weekend. This meant no fuel deliveries. This had a knock on effect of Shell customers (and customer of supermarkets which Shell supplies) going to other garages. So they use their fuel quicker and run out sooner than expected.

This situation is made worse by our special needs press telling people not to panic :rolleyes:

Here's a fantastic Sniff Petrol article which sum it up perfectly:

Sniff Petrol said:
PETROL PANIC!
Sniff, Friday, May 2nd, 2008 at 3:09 am
Posted in News

There was good news for dumb, selfish twats yesterday as reports that a regular tanker delivery was going to be ‘slightly late’ led to fuel buying panic at one local petrol station.

The mindless, stupid mithering began around 1pm at the Exachell garage near Wretching, in Disgust, when a member of staff was overheard noting that a fresh shipment of petrol ‘might be around 15 to 20 minutes later than normal’. The news immediately triggered a petrol buying panic amongst customers.

‘As soon as I heard that the main storage tank was down to only 900 litres I knew I had to act,’ said garage regular Dave Spooool. ‘Although I had already filled my car, and actually I only drive about 70 miles a week, I rushed back to the forecourt and filled the boot, glovebox and door pockets with extra fuel. Mind you, I’m so stupid I once forgot how to use my arms’.

Local cretin Angela Stave was another of those caught in the precautionary buying palaver. ‘When I drove onto the forecourt someone told me what was going on and to be honest it scared me. What if there was a medical emergency and I couldn’t get my kiddies to hospital during that vital 20 minute window when my car only had 7/8ths of a tank full? It doesn’t bear thinking about. That’s why I filled my tank with both petrol and diesel, just to be on the safe side’.

Exachell staff say even those who weren’t intending to buy petrol were drawn into the mass panic, such as area ****wit Irene Mizzz. ‘I had spent the morning frigging myself over the memory of Princess Diana and was on my way to buy a second, uncreased copy of the Daily Express when I noticed a commotion at the petrol station. I immediately realised it was the kind of grunting, thoughtless mass hysteria I enjoy and decided to buy as much petrol as possible. Obviously I don’t actually own a car so I had to go and buy one of those first and by the time I got back the unthinking mob behaviour was over. I was so disappointed I decided to fire bomb the place so I could spend the afternoon moaning about Muslims’.

An Exachell sposkesmans was quick to reassure everyone that the tanker delay was a one off and that people should stop being so Christingly ****ing thick.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
thats probally the funniest thing i have read all year! Thanks nicely :D :D :D :D!!!!

lmao, but on a serious note we just got word that BP Drivers are no on strike too? Not sure whats going on.. im going to become a tanker driver tho.. 40g's a year and asking for a 14% rise! ^_^

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
mmm... must say I thought the 40k a year is a bit of 'Daily Mail' creativity :wack:

I think they earn around 30k which means 14% is nowhere near that figure and also the fact they've not had a pay-rise for years on end puts things in a little more perspective.

They do have to get paid danger money - could blow up anytime like what we've seen on 'The Simpsons' :D

Reaction score
Country
Still 30K when the national average is only 22K and they are complaining ??

And danger money, is that serious ???? How much do you think a lowly Private in the Armed Forces gets paid who may spend 10 weeks in Iraq or Afghanistan on the frontline, i think they need to get things into perspective ?

I guess its just the fact that they can exploit the current fuel 'crisis' and make money from it. lets just jope that if the country ever has any kind of an epidemic that the Nurses and other low paid key medical workers dont try to exploit the fact like these people with the threat of people dieing if they dont get a nice pay increase!

Bit off a rant i know but after spending over 11 years commuting into London every day you get fed up being used as a political hostage to unrealistic pay rises week in week out for people who should just look for another job if they are unhappy about it!

Reaction score
Country
Out of gas?

This must be heaven... Nothing like this down under... No petrol? suck it up and find station

P

Pazz

Another media slant taken word-for-word.

The Shell tanker drivers are actually contracted out. I believe Shell use Wincanton for their tanker distribution services, or so I have heard in the trade. In effect the media have been slating Shell when it is really a different company which is responsible and in control of staff pay etc.

Whats more comical, is the fact that Shell have supposedly anounced that they will no longer be renewing their contract with Wincanton. So I wouldnt think that Wincanton are too happy with all this.....

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Whats more comical, is the fact that Shell have supposedly anounced that they will no longer be renewing their contract with Wincanton. So I wouldnt think that Wincanton are too happy with all this.....
Yup imo, thats what they get. Im a shell employee and its what needs to be done ** :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Still 30K when the national average is only 22K and they are complaining ??

And danger money, is that serious ???? How much do you think a lowly Private in the Armed Forces gets paid who may spend 10 weeks in Iraq or Afghanistan on the frontline, i think they need to get things into perspective ?

I guess its just the fact that they can exploit the current fuel 'crisis' and make money from it. lets just jope that if the country ever has any kind of an epidemic that the Nurses and other low paid key medical workers dont try to exploit the fact like these people with the threat of people dieing if they dont get a nice pay increase!

Bit off a rant i know but after spending over 11 years commuting into London every day you get fed up being used as a political hostage to unrealistic pay rises week in week out for people who should just look for another job if they are unhappy about it!
I wasn't exactly defending their position (the tanker drivers) I was just having a dig at the usual Daily Mail driven exaggerated bullsh*t saga we have to endure on national front page news...

Same happened when UNISON got all the teachers on strike - there was total exaggeration on what pay they get and all the crap about the holidays they have. Think both sides of the story needs to be brought to the front and not just the Daily Mail wank*er versions :wack:

The bit about danger money was a joke :)

If you ask me then I see my other half work as a midwife for much less money than tanker drivers (even though she's degree qualified and makes life/death decisions on a regular basis) so my answer would be 'yes' they sound like greedy gits but £40k salary blah blah is not the kind of information I would base this judgment on...

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Dammit! I had the same problem on Friday! :rant: Had to use the Silvia on Friday and the weekend, as it was the only vehicle I have with a pass to get onto RAF Lyneham. Couldn't find ANYWHERE between Kingswood in Bristol and Chippenham who had any SUL. Landed up bunging in £50 worth of 95RON and another £7 on octane booster. Had a rant at the sale assistant :p Not in demand? Errm. You've run out and someone wants to buy some. How is that not in demand?! :annoyed: