What's new

mpg figures from SPEC S and SPEC R

I

ilogik

Random gay question but, my mr2 is a killer averaging about 17-18mpg. Just wondering what you guys get from a standard non tuned engine.

My next question is if I imported a Spec R how much should I expect to pay for a 99, 60ish K on clock car.

Reaction score
Good careful driving 28-35 on the standard R car. Check on here for some good Spec-R's for sale :)

I

ilogik

nice r's here but id rather import my own, the ones on the forum are a bit out my price range.

P

Pazz

nice r's here but id rather import my own, the ones on the forum are a bit out my price range.
At first glance it may appear cheaper. Everyone at first thinks that importing your own is the cheapest way. But there are many hidden costs involved nevermind the waiting time and hassle element.

I remember the days of midnight or later phone calls from importers about S15's I was after.

I

ilogik

the more I see pics and adverts the more I wnat one lol. Just waiting for my car to sell.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You get what you pay for. You won't get a good Grade 4 quality fresh import on the road for less than £10k.

My 330bhp S15 returns 27mpg consistently with hard driving. :)

I

ilogik

shush now :p your making me want one more lol. Have my car on ebay, and all the for sale sites possible, lets wait and see don't really fancy breaking it.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
i remember i got told before i got my s15

"you dont buy this kind of car to ask about the MPG!"

lol, i then quickly kept quiet :p lol

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i remember i got told before i got my s15

"you dont buy this kind of car to ask about the MPG!"

lol, i then quickly kept quiet :p lol
Lol :)
Nevertheless, I think the S15 is quite cheap to run. Doesn't drink much fuel considering the car type and horsepower. My former skyline GTS-T was much worse and the new RX-7 I have in transit will be a real muncher.

Reaction score
Country
Id budget for £10K -£12K for a grade 4 or higher with less than 90,000 KM. Its difficult to set a definite firm price as exchange rates fluctuate when both buying and coming to pay the import VAT.

Prices have been increasing on them in the auctions gradually during the last year.

Mine set me back just over £10K but i was very very lucky with the price on mine in the auction, may have been because it was totally standard which the Japs dont seem too interested in. Also Charlie @ ProdriftUK who imported it for me done a very good price for all the work he did :)

Edit - Oh and you may wait a while depending on requirements, took me and Charlie well over 7 months of looking in the auctions every week to find a very good condition full Aero in white.