What's new

JDM spec R

Y

YazS150

Just picked her up from torque today....http://www.torque-gt.co.uk/cardetails.php?c=73 and must say I luv the car!! Unfortunately it has a few issues...the steering is not in line and vibrating quite a bit....and the steering wheel judders violently under mid-heavy braking. Any idea what it could be?? I would say warped discs. Where can I get grooved and drilled discs from? Oh and the pads are near bare metal. Oh and I forgot...the cheap RAZO stick gear knob keeps coming off!

Last edited:
Reaction score
alignment for wonky steering.

wheel balance for wobbly wheels.

brake discs n pads for wobbly braking.

good luck with it all! :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you have issues, I would speak to Torque before setting about trying to fix them yourself. They are usually very helpful if you have problems :)

Sounds like warped discs. No meat on the pads is unacceptable on a newly sold car, especially considering that they are the same as S14 pads.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Think most people have had niggly issues to sort out when they first buy an S15 - at the end of the day the car has done 60k odd miles but yes, you really must go back to Mike/Tristan and have a chat to get things sorted out.

Four wheel alignment is a must if there's issues with steering/handling. It's a good base to get this done before anything else is investigated heavily.

The car you bought looks brilliant - full aero, pearl white and I love the AVS Model 5's (not Model 7's as advertised lol). If it was me, I'd colour match the rims white along with the car... would look proper track stylee :cool:

Can't believe S15 buyers are still paying what I paid a year ago for virtually same spec!!!

I say invest in S15's NOT houses haha ;)