What's new

Car broken into - Stereo/gear lever surround broken

S

stusx

Hi all,

Bad news last night, wife went into town and parked up, came back later and some ****ty feckers had smashed the passenger window and ripped off half the stereo surround trying to get the stereo out (which they didn't actually get out, so they took the front panel on its own...) left some nice big gouges in the dash as well.:annoyed::furious::rant:

Any ideas where I can get this panel, its the one that surrounds stereo, A/C and gear lever..

Also any recommendations on a new stereo head unit???

Thanks for your help

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Sorry to hear this :(

Quite a few people on here recently bought carbon look surrounds, so its possible you may get one that's spare. Alternatively, you could order one from Japan (via Perfectrun)

Part Number:68260-85F00-
Description:LID-CLUSTER

Another source would be a breaker via PPS on SXOC.

I'd be more concerned about how easily you'll get a replacement window glass...

S

stusx

I know, that was my initial concern, however the insurance company are dealing with National windscreens. The guy called me and is supposed to be getting back to me with how long/whether they can get it. So we'll see how they do...

The whole thing infuriates me, all for nothing as they didn't take anything...

P

Pazz

It wont be listed on their website. To obtain a price you will need to email them and if your a new customer qoute car details like chasis vin etc.

Reaction score
I have a spair surround sitting in my garage, it has a small mark on 1 side which could be fixed nothing too bad. I am in Auss but don't mind posting it if you have no luck. ;)

I recently sent a centre consul to another member in the UK, it got there safetly :):)

J

JDM JUNKIE

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Did you have an alarm on your car?

S

stusx

I did actually, GT Alarm with sensors inside and immobiliser, wonder if it went off.......

Auss15, how much do you want for the surround (and why do you have so many???) Yes please...

Reaction score
Country
Sorry to hear that.

When you have your window replaced check to make sure the window open and closes properly. When my FTO was done they bodged guides to get the new window in and also left glass sitting in the bottom of the door which makes a horrible noise when opening and closing :mad:

Reaction score
Auss15, how much do you want for the surround (and why do you have so many???) Yes please...
The bit I have is the part that sits around the stereo and has the cig lighter, hazard and rear defrost nobs. I sold the centre consul .
I can put up a pic tomorrow to help:thumbs:

S

stusx

yep, sounds right, but also has the bit aroound the gear lever as well, correct?

J

JDM JUNKIE

I did actually, GT Alarm with sensors inside and immobiliser, wonder if it went off.......

It probably did go off, and that's why they didn't get anything because they were in a rush! I recommend you get a proximity sensor added, it gives off a small warning when people get too close. I had one on another car and actually saw it work on a number of occasions.

Reaction score
Hate theiving little prats!!! PPS only have the whole console forsale not jut the surround... Perfect run dont list oem stuff you have to get a quote over email!

But it seems like your pretty covered here!!! They are coming at you left right and centre!!

I have a pager system for mine... goes off when it rains to heavy!