What's new

Road noise from the rear

Reaction score
I've had my S15 for 3 weeks now and been driving it for 2.
My usual drive to work involves never getting above 50km/h and listening to Yokohama-FM.
At the weekend I drove on some other roads and got to the heady heights of 80km/h! I also had the radio off at this point.
I noticed that the road noise coming from the rear is quite loud at speed, varying depending on the type of surface.
I've read in the past that this was a problem with S14 but I've done a search here and there is no mention of it.
Do others S15s generate the same road noise and is the solution the same as for the S14?

Any help gratfully received.
BTW I'll post some pictures of my car in the Profile section before long if I pull my finger out. I've no excuse with a beautiful car and living in a beautiful country.

M

Matt_S

Yeh I get a bit of road noise. Im about to change the tyres and Ill see what that brings. Comign from an S14 with no interior and no sound deadening, you get uber responsive to everything else you can hear that you couldnt before!:wack:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
im running potenzas and there is only a little noise, i'll need to upgrade eventually. what would you guys recommend as a good tyre thats pretty quiet on normal road surfaces, quieter can only be better?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i did a little research last night and saw a lot of good reviews for the falken fk452, as it seems to tick all the boxes and not break the bank (i have been given an awesome price). does anyone else have a say on these?

the others i considered were toyo t1r's and avon zz3's but the reviews weren't quite as good and there were issues with premature wear and wet road holding.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nothing wrong with the Toyo Proxes abilities - wet or dry. I've run them happily.

Currently got FK452s on the rear and they are a fair substitute for the Proxes. :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Nothing wrong with the Toyo Proxes abilities - wet or dry. I've run them happily.

Currently got FK452s on the rear and they are a fair substitute for the Proxes. :)
if they're good enough for you, they're good enough for me with my measly 250bhp!:)

Reaction score
Country
Ive got these, dont get my car till next weekend to test them though :)

I got them after some investigation on forums etc, seem to be pretty much on par with Eagle F1's etc. Got mine for £307 delivered from Camskill.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thats where i've got my quotes from. toyo t1r's 301-00 for four, avon zz-3's 278-00 and falken fk452's 253-00. great prices.

what was it, q rated tyres fitted or were they worn out?

Reaction score
I always run 452's... find something goood no need to change! Apart from where i buy them... the best place ive seen them is on Camskill... real nice prices!

Never really noticed road noise from the back... only when i stripped the interior out but i also put solid diff mounts on and poly bushes... and a 2way... so pretty noisy anyway

Reaction score
Country
thats where i've got my quotes from. toyo t1r's 301-00 for four, avon zz-3's 278-00 and falken fk452's 253-00. great prices.

what was it, q rated tyres fitted or were they worn out?
New wheels :D