What's new

FMIC battery tray!

D

david

Was told iv to only cut hole in battery tray for intercooler pipes but was lookin at the tray and under it is like the inner shell/valence. have i to cut true both or whats the story:confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
The tray is welded to the flat of the part going upto the wheel arch... you'll be fine cutting all the way through... helps if you remove the washer bottle first!

D

david

Nicely would you have a picture of where yours is cut through the battery tray? regardless of what sort of intercooler it is, is the hole always cut roughly in the same place?

Reaction score
Country
yeap its easy enough just buy yourself a hole cutter bit think a 90mm one will do as the IC pipe are 80mm.
Most kits give you diamension off the battery tray for cutting.

Reaction score
anyone actually removed the battery tray entirely... and have pics and info on best way to do it?
Yep removed mine... only tack welded on... cut the support bit off then slid a chisel under then :wack:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nicely would you have a picture of where yours is cut through the battery tray? regardless of what sort of intercooler it is, is the hole always cut roughly in the same place?
I haven't got any pics, I'm afraid. There was a template of SXOC, but I can't find it after a quick look :(

Reaction score
Country

It's roughly 120mm from top and 100mm from right side if I remember correctly

Dont follow instructions and cut 80mm and it will be a tight fit. I cut 90mm and use rubber grommets to give it that nice look like this. And it doesn't cut into the cooler piping too.

I did extra measures and put rubber grommet on the hotpipe side as well

Good luck

D

david

Thanks lads i know what to do now and thats a nice tidy job cause im fairly fussy too.Cheers...

Reaction score
Mine is just a hole... in the right place... so the pipe never touches!!! :p