What's new

Summer UK Meet

P

Pazz

While speaking to a fellow UK S15 owner the other day from around Norwich the subject of a summer meet came up.

Now, I know there isnt many of us S15 owners, but there is quite a few new people (including me) who have only recently joined the S15 community (and the club soon) who would like to get to know few other owners.

I've only really seen one other S15 on the road and that was some time ago. All my other spottings have been at an importers or on sale somwhere and even then it's been a rare occasion.

While chatting we came to the conclusion that, wherever the location, we would be prepared to travel aslong as it was a big gathering somewhere half decent. To make it fair it would have to be somewhere pretty central.

I know its still early days in terms of summer, but whats everyones opinions/ideas?

Reaction score
what, nice and local to you pab'? :p :)

Thing you'll find with national meets is trying to find somewhere that everyone's willing to travel too..... people always moan and say "why not here?" ....

P

Pazz

Bristol isnt exactly central :no:. I was gonna turn up to longwell green sxoc gathering anyway. But IMO the SXOC doesnt exactly represent S15 owners very well. As mentioned in a few posts before, they regard us as up-our-arses etc.

Wouldn't it be better if we organised an S15 only thing. Let's face it, there should be enough of us now. Could at least add some UK pics to the banners above, and not JUST have the Aus pics. Get InitialD (or anyone else) to do a photoshoot :cool:

Dazz0i, anywhere near you would be pretty central UK. It's near M1 so good access for quite a few folk. I've been tempted a few times to turn up to SXOC meets in Northampton.

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The bad news for a lot of people is that (taking into account Scotland) central is Manchester, I'm afraid (check a map). Northampton and Birmingham are quite a way south geographically.

We were toying with the idea of a meet-up, or airfield day or something, and getting a magazine along. It sort of never went anywhere... I believe the magazines said organize the day then let us know.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i would be interested in a s15 meet :nod:

Great idea i think its been ages since we all got together,
i think it was the drifting at silverstone last time we met up.

And theres alot more UK owners since then :thumbs:

kimi -x-

T

TonyS15

Manchester would be ideal and pretty central or maybe could combine our meet with a organised weekend at Santa Pod northampton for events japanese car related, may be chance for a quick 1/4 challenge and whatever else there is to do. Just a suggestion but the distance people will travel it would need to be something worth the milage in my opinion. Just a suggestion.

B

baynz

yeah id be up for it, but i live in south wales so anywhere central would be a trek for me, but if its worth it ill deffinately come.

P

Pazz

yeah id be up for it, but i live in south wales so anywhere central would be a trek for me, but if its worth it ill deffinately come.
I'd think anywhere would be a trek from Swansea way, suppose everyone up in Scotland has same problem.

But I agree, if people are having to travel It's got to be worth the 2-3 hour journey some people may have to take. Organised events could be an option.

M

Matt_S

JAE is surely the best bet :)

(plus its 20 mins from my house ;) )

Oh dear. I now have at least 3 if not 4 stands to choose from! :D:D:D

P

pablo

bristol is still 2 hours for me..... maybe something like a meet at one of center parcs location with a stay over....not worth all the journey if people only stay for 10 mins

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
2 hours drive for a meet is nothing. A mate of mine has rode 5hrs for ice cream. LOL

P

pablo

any others feeling center parcs....camping / travel lodge at alton towers even?

Reaction score
JAE's location this year is well known for flooding isn't it? Either way... i'm not attending this year.

it should be re-named "scooby extravaganza"

Reaction score
I'd be up for a meet. Have not met any other members apart from Nicely. Need to broaden my horizons a bit :wack: