What's new

New import rules on the way for the UK

Reaction score
thats bull****! What the uk does ireland will follow...........the new tax laws are going to be bad enuf as it is...

Reaction score
Country
FFS!!! does that mean i will have to pay 30% more for my ESVA which will probably be beginning of April this year ?!

P

Pazz

Doesnt this mean that those of us with S15's are better off???? One of my thoughts/ideas when I bought my car just before xmas was that I could of just waited until 2009 and got an 99' model for cheap, bearing in mind that it would not require an ESVA etc etc

Nicely, it seems you were correct about your hunch that the 10 year rule would be scrapped/altered :D

I know this sounds like bad news from an Industry point of view, but it seems like good news from an ownership point of view. Surely it means S15's will now not depreciate as much.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
30% sounds alot, but its an increase from August 2001, so its high year on year.

It must also be remembered that the SVA fees remained unchanged from August 2001 until April 2007. The proposed increases, therefore, represent an annual growth rate since August 2001 of only 4.85%
As for current owners, i doubt it will cause prices to hold any better, there are alot of cheap S15 coming in at the moment, although they could and prob are duffers :)

Does scrapping the 10-year rule, mean any car, no matter what age will have to be tested on import to the country?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes. I recall me recently saying somewhere that I bet the government has something up its sleeve to change the ten year rule...