What's new

Glass headlights, where do they come from?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
no. just leave them connected to the side light.

S

sillbeers15

Thanks Nicely.

Can you recall the capacitor rating?

I'm going to reproduce the circuit DIY.

S

sillbeers15

Thanks again Nicely.

I looked at your sketch and agree the need for a capacitor to 'bridge' the power supply between turning off low beam and turning on low beam again when the high beam is switched on. It would be safer to include a diode in series with the capacitor for the low beam relay.

However, I doubt the need for the 2nd relay as the stock low beam (15A) can be used to triger the relay. I will pose my sketch later after I can scan it.

A similar 30A relay set up without the capacitor can be installed side by side to support the HB3 9005 high beam HID (another set of starter and ballast) for a full BiXenon setup for each headlamp.

S

sillbeers15

Below is my electric circuit sketch for HID installation to Low beam:

Items required are:

1. 1 set of H1 HID kit;
2. 1 30A fuse;
3. 1 30A relay;
4. wires;
5. 2 units of 4700microfarad 25v or 1000microfarad 35v electrolytic capacitor;
6. 2 units of diode;

I propose to mount the above on a bashed alumin plate secured to the chassis member below each headlight.

S

sillbeers15

Hi Colin,

Yes. The factory harness for HID changed to 30A supply from the 15A for Halogen lamp support in our case.

S

sillbeers15

Wala! The Philips 4th Generation HID Kit (H1) now comes with 2x30A Relay and fuse and harness to connect power supply from battery

Ok, it means my circuit posed earlier makes sense. I only need to connect the capacitor to the 2 terminals which the HID meets the stock headlamp low beam.

G

gunner93

CP,

Nice. Does that means everything in the Philips box is complete - just Plug & Play? What is the color temp you've chosen?

Reaction score
Hello silbeer!! mind sharing where did you get the Philips Kit in Singapore?? Intend to upgrade my headlamp as well. I'm from Delphi forums as well from JB but work in SGP, but haven't been joining the recenty meet-up.

S

sillbeers15

I got my Philips H1 HID conversion kit from Autobacs Singapore for SGD$399.

G

gunner93

Hi CP,

Sorry could not meet up with you yesterday since its burning hot. :(

For cash & carry, whats the warranty period Autobacs provide for the Philips HIDs?

S

sillbeers15

None.

Did you not got the guys to test it before your eyes before paying for them?

Sorry that I did not stay long for the Fomula Drift event after finding it rather boring...and you were right, burinng hot sun.

Since my entry to the event was from a complementry ticket...I did not wanted to torture myself much, regret not meeting you guys then.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Yes, Ned tested but 1 ballast was faulty, so he replaced another one. :eek:
He gave me 1 week warranty if installed externally. However, if its installed in Autobacs, they give 1 year for the kit and 6 months for the bulbs. I think its due to the installation procedure huh?? I thought I could DIY since its quite straight forward just P&P. Figuring out how to lay the cables neatly and mount the ballasts & igniter properly & eathings. :nod:

At Formula D, I was mingling with Under-5 & Drift.com.my guys at the paddocks. Its interesting with first-hand news with the crew and their car conditions & set ups.

Just 1 day in Sing I've already seen 3 GTRs. One on exhibition, one parking outside and one while I was on my way back to Tuas. With all the strict speed limits (90kmh to 110kmh) in Sing, how do you contain your temptation not having to put pedal to metal in your S15? :rotfl:

Last edited:
S

sillbeers15

Gunner93,

Solution is simple. I only push my ride hard after I cross the border into Malaysia!:D

There is more sight of R35s than S15s in Singapore now.:yawn:

Reaction score
Hey thanks silbeer for the info, so gunner did u end up install the kit at autobacs?? also will there be any meet up for the silvia at mid may?? as i'll be in klang for sometime during that periods, might wanted to meetup with the KL silvias