Turbo Water Feeds

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, replaced the turbo water feeds with braided hoses at the weekend. With the turbo still on.... :D Its quite fiddly, but possible (so long as the heat shields are off).

This was the leaky bugger...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They're renowned for it over here....so quite possibly. I have a fair idea what caused mine. It was probably when I had to drive over a baby deer a few months ago (already road kill) and it impacted on the exhaust. That would have pulled on the downpipe and turbo. The movement would have been enough to crack the join on the pipe.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
They're renowned for it over here....so quite possibly. I have a fair idea what caused mine. It was probably when I had to drive over a baby deer a few months ago (already road kill) and it impacted on the exhaust. That would have pulled on the downpipe and turbo. The movement would have been enough to crack the join on the pipe.
Lucky escape for you... I hit an 8 pointer with my Z the first year I had it... it was very messy indeed....

Of course my next question is whether you went back and had venison for supper!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Tempting though it may have been, the reason I hit it was because I was in the inside lane of a dual carriageway and couldn't move over to avoid it because of the traffic on the outside. :p Scraping it off the road wouldn't have been fun...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
what do u ur hose look like??
yeh iam guessing mine was from when the guy hit me from behind and shocked it but the insurance wouldnt pay for it....

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Why not?? Surely that is coverd by your insurance??

Or are they saying it was not caused by the accident??

C

Chris S15

mine is gone too. SOoooo..i went and bought a complete oil & water kit. Stainless steel braided kit i say! =)

The stock ones are very prone to cracking and breaking, coz it's not a flexible pipe.

Awesome! getting it all put in with my new stainless manifold and new turbo. sweet!