What's new

The S15 Burning Question

G

gunner93

Lads,

This has been in my mind for a while now. The burning question is, when was the first time you have ever laid eyes on the S15 and you went "Wow"! I must have the car one day?

I will go first...

G

gunner93

The S15 Silvia was just another sexy car I chanced upon once in the blue moon in the streets with envy and I've always wondered how it was like to drive in one. Not until I saw Yasuyuki Kazama invited to drift in Malaysia back in Jan 2006. I was intrigued by its high revving engine, tyre smoke and the stylish agle of drift that drew the crowd in awe or perhaps it was Kazama that made it looked so sexy! :rotfl: Damn, I told myself that day, I just got to check out the car and the SR20DET! I dug up as much info as I can from the internet. I was addicted! Ten months later, I finally found her at a grey importer. I saw the car a few times but the more I saw, the more I want the car LOL. I finally broke the news to my wife that night albeit some resistance. Two days later, I worked out the finance and a week later, I finally drove home my S15! :smitten::D

Here's where it all got me started...

http://gunner93.multiply.com/photos/album/14/R3_Street_Shoot-Out_amp_Drift_Attack_Challenge

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I saw photos of one on SXOC about 2-3 months after I got my S14 (2003). Saw one in the flesh about a couple of months after that. Didn't buy one till 2005.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I first seen one in the streets of Osaka docks..

went on a mad trip to find some Japanese late night streeto and the first cars we came across where an s13 with s15 front end and an s15, The 15 was a sideways warriors and i couldnt believe the noise, the dump valve.. tyre squeel and smoke..

fell in love with it when he stopped for me to take pictures.. did a look see and funny i remember saying to my mate at the time.. "wtf is that thing?.. one of those silvia things?? ... i 'need' one...!!!" and here iam, 1 year later badda bing ^_^

J

james_pa28

My dad had an S12 DOHC when I was brought into the world. I was taken home from the hospital in a bright orange velour seat in 1986 :D

Anyway from a young age I was always fond of the old silvia (and did own one in 2006/7)

At about 16 years old I discovered the S15 and said if theres one ambition I fulfil lin my little life it will be owning that car! Some people even laughed at that... whos laughing now!

To be fair I did say I'd always have a yellow one, but I'm very happy with pewter and wouldn't want a different colour!

Seriously I see myself turning 30 with a wife and a daughter called Silvia at this rate :rotfl:

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
I'm sure a few on here already know this story but saw Kopijack's Pewter despoilered Spec-R on the Stillorgan dual-carraigeway (Dublin, Ireland) beside me in traffic, loved the look of it, the sound, and knew it was a performance-car which I was in the market for. Loved that car & saw it a few times since, nearly bought it from Kopijack before he sold it on. I've not seen it since the subsequent owner sold it on but it's apparently on the road somewhere still. :)

Reaction score
Country
well first time i was the s15 was in a jap car magazine. it was a very small picture and also in the distance.

what really caught my eye was the head lights, after that i was search magzine to see can i fine what car it was but had no look.
couple of years after was it on drifts clips online. then found out what it was... and said to myself... this is what i want.

S

sillbeers15

I chanced upon buying my S14 from the local Nissan agent with a good deal after an failed attempt to bargain for a showroom Honda Prelude from the local Honda agent as I was after a sporty and practical daily driver back in '98.
It was a natural progression then as I had a Vtec Civic EG after ditching my first owned ride, a bimmer right after uni. I still remember how intriged I was after reading about Honda's Vtec B16 capable of producing 100bhp/litre....so it was no looking back ever since to Jap street machine ownership.

The S14 introduced me to the world of FR turbocharged cars and the modification bug soon bit. As I was just starting to get into more mods, a pile up accident along expressway damaged my ride. As the chassis was squshed from the rear collusion and sanwiched by a front vehicle, My decision was to rightaway ditch my S14 as I would not be comfortable driving it any longer even a cosmetically perfect repair was succesfully completed after 3 months.

I started scouting for a ride immediately after my S14's mishap. In a grey market importers showroom was a new white S15 and a yellow Evo 7. My choice was clear that I wanted only the white S15 (my S14 was white, too), but the Evo7 was my backup if my wife were to object my decision to purchase a sports coupe again. A week later that S15 was parked in my driveway with coilover, intercooler, ecu, and alloy wheels on its way.

C

christopher

Whew, it's been a long time since I write here.

Do you guys ever heard about this game called Auto Modellista?
It's a PS2 racing game, with cell shading pictures... Kinda like a anime racing.
On that game, I usually drive a S2000 type V.

One day, my little brother tell me, there's a better car in the game.
Of course on my mind that time is R34 Skyline. But then again, he told me there's a little brother of Skyline called Silvia.

When I check the game, i saw a little car, but bigger than S2000.
A 2 litre engine, turbocharged, RWD...

It's really beautiful, even though it's just a cell shading picture

Sharp eyes, streamline body... Its really fascinating

From that day on, I always prefer Silvia than S2000

These days not many games use Silvia, except Tokyo Drift, Kaido series, and Auto Modellista... But Pro Street recently use it for drifting... Better of on Kaido and Auto Modellista, they provide the C-West GT and Aero bodykit.

Just you all wait. I'm gonna buy myself a S15 Nissan Silvia spec R these days...
Just like I write in this forum... Not many people drives Silvia in Indonesia, and I like the terms of exclusivity, so I decide to get one

And the best of all possibilities, I can Swap the SR20 with RB26 for bigger power

Reaction score
Country
I had first seen pics of S15's about 4-5 years ago but didnt think much of it then. Then i saw Toppers being advertised on Newera's website and was very intrigued. Then i saw Toppers again at JAE and was smitten !!

Done some research and found it ticked all the right boxes for a replacement to my Manual GPX FTO...

RWD - Check
Turbo - Check
Good running costs - Check
White colour option - Check
Decent performance - Check
Lightweight - Check

....so thought it was just a perfect natural progression for me. 12 months later and ive got one on a boat from Japan as we speak :)

Ive got Topper to thank for getting me into the S15 world...and i can blame him if it goes wrong! lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My dad had an S12 DOHC when I was brought into the world. I was taken home from the hospital in a bright orange velour seat in 1986 :D
Lol. Forgot that my step father had a CA18ET S12 and I drove it a number of times. I expect that I had a soft spot for the Silvia range after that :)

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
I was at JAE a few years ago, think it was about 2000/2001
and one of the import companys had a Yellow s15 :smitten::smitten:

i drooled over it for a while, but decided import cars were too risky :wack:

Then in 2005 i got mine :D:D

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
;) i saw yours on the sxoc club stand & took a few photos :cool:

i did :smitten: over yours then but it was the yellow one a few years
before that got me interested in them :p

Reaction score
I was very impressed when thet first hit Aus shores at the end of 2000. At that time I was looking at getting a R33 Skyline but it wasn't until 2002 that, after looking at a lot of dodgy grey import Skylines, I ended up purchasing a low K S14. I had that for 2 years but really had a longing for an S15. After 6 months I found the one I wanted(low K's well maintained, right colour) and have enjoyed owning it for the last 4 years, moding it along the way:D:D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ive got Topper to thank for getting me into the S15 world...and i can blame him if it goes wrong! lol
:thumbs: I feel confident as you didnt buy from..........

I was originally looking to buy a gen 3, Rx7. Registered and was an active member on the rotary club for months, but the more i read into the engine etc, the less i could be bothered to deal with the hassle. Also the Rx8 wasnt around then so even the local garages wouldnt want to touch it.

While searching for an Rx7, i found pictures of cars drifting in Japan etc, thats when i noticed the S15, i then found SXOC and realised i could get most parts in the UK, i hadent decided to get one until i saw the car i now own, as soon as i saw it i knew i had to buy it, so i did.

Reaction score
I didn't actually intend to buy an s15. I wrote my s14a off in Nov 2006. I was told about an s15 going for sale not far from me. Went to have a look and it was in a sorry state (paint still is! lol). Anyway, i got it for a steal in Dec 2006. Then the fun with the ESVA began.

If it wasn't you guys on here and sxoc i would never have got all the parts! Well end of Feb '07 and it was on the road. Really glad i got it and not another 14a :)

2OOsxy

The time had come to trade up to a new car - I'd moved from the NT (kind of outback Oz) to Victoria (kind of the most built up part of Oz) and the 4WD just wasn't needed anymore. So I trawled through magazines and websites looking for a new car. The first sight of the black S15 GT advertised on the Nissan website had me entranced!

I rang up a local Nissan dealership and booked a test drive. I turned up on a busy Saturday morning for my drive ... I nudged the S15 out f the yard with the words "she has a full tank and we don't close until 5pm, so have fun!" ringing in my ears. Would I take this new car for a test run in peak hour Saturday morning shopping traffic??? Nah, I'll be safe and attempt to cross six lanes of traffic to turn right and head for the 'burbs!
Hmmm six lanes of traffic. me patiently waiting, and waiting, and waiting to cross - eventually a tiny gap and I gunned her (just like I would the 4WD I just jumped out of) .... and oh dear, I forgot this thing had a turbo and promptly I left two solid black strips across six lanes of traffic as I hooked it out of there.

Nevertheless I loved the car, but was a tad embarrassed returning it to the yard as they had seen me remove a deal of tread from their tyres! The big cheesy grins from the Nissan team let me know they were cool with my "oops", but I was still in shock!

I decided to order the new GT (which little did I know was about to have production ceased in a few days, and little did I know that the production of S15's would cease in a few weeks!) Six weeks later it was built, and delivered, and was one of the last into the country.

Loved it ever since, even when she's being a big girls blouse!! :p

J

james_pa28

^^^^^^Why aren't all newbies like the man above... You should see some of the comedy people that join driftworks "Hi I'm 14 and really want to drift my mums fiesta" :D

Love the pics from your other thread, not a fan of the graphics but the overall car is awesome! :thumbs:

G

gunner93

^^^^^^Why aren't all newbies like the man above... You should see some of the comedy people that join driftworks "Hi I'm 14 and really want to drift my mums fiesta" :D

Love the pics from your other thread, not a fan of the graphics but the overall car is awesome! :thumbs:
:nod:

Is there any spec difference on S15 GT there?