What's new

The S15 Burning Question

Reaction score
Country
Hey mate..

I think you live i Witham dont you ? If so the S15 wont be quite as rare in in the area anymore as ive just brought one and i live in Chelmsford and Darren (who owns Revolts old White GPvR) has just brougt one as well and is in Billericy...lol :wack:.

After driving an S15 you realise its everything thats great about the FTO + everything you wish it did have :thumbs:. And theres all the tuning bits you wish there was but at far cheaper prices than for an R33 GTR.

P

pablo

drove into torque gt looking at dc's for my gf. a s15 parked up. non areo but the look of the car really caught me. this was a 2 years back and it was 15K, theve come down in price no lol. 2 years later i sold the corvette c5 got a house and got one.

R

Red Duke

I used to Jez, my parents still live there, but I'm out in Sudbury in sunny Suffolk with my girlfriend now. :)

When your car turns up I'd love to have a look at it if you don't mind? I've only seen one properly once (and it wasn't a very nice example Spec S about 3 years ago) and another Spec S in passing last year.

I was going to get a manual conversion, and Tein coilovers / Tein top mounts for my FTO, but that'd come to around ?2.5k - And I think that'd be better spent (or rather, saved) to go towards a nice pewter Spec R! :nod: :thumbs:

Either way I'll have to be patient, where we are atm we've only got room for 2 cars, so I'm constantly swapping my FTO / Leon over at my parents - we'll probably be moving in the next year or so, to a place with a garage: Perfect for keeping a shiny Spec R, shiny! :cool: :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I had first seen pics of S15's about 4-5 years ago but didnt think much of it then. Then i saw Toppers being advertised on Newera's website and was very intrigued. Then i saw Toppers again at JAE and was smitten !!

Done some research and found it ticked all the right boxes for a replacement to my Manual GPX FTO...

RWD - Check
Turbo - Check
Good running costs - Check
White colour option - Check
Decent performance - Check
Lightweight - Check

....so thought it was just a perfect natural progression for me. 12 months later and ive got one on a boat from Japan as we speak :)

Ive got Topper to thank for getting me into the S15 world...and i can blame him if it goes wrong! lol

its jez's fault i got one:notworthy:, hadn't really given them much thought and had resigned myself to a 350z, then when i mentioned it to him he explained the pros of getting one, still wasn't convinced so started looking at a few on the net, thought they looked quite nice - i'd never seen one in the flesh though. when i eventually saw the one i wanted to view i fell in love with it and was very taken with the car. guess i can hold him personally responsible for the forthcoming damage to my wallet lol

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I think I can blame Jez for me buying an S15 too.

First time I really saw one was at JAE last year (Toppers and Nicleys ones I think) when Jez was having a good look at them.

I was quite happy with the FTO GPvR up until then.

Started toying with the idea of getting an S14a, but decided I liked the looks of the S15 more.

Totally fell for everything about the S15 and decdied I had to have one.

No regrets though!

Thanks Jez :rolleyes: lol

M

Matt_S

Autocar 1999 I think.

In the flesh? Probably Nons car at UKD1 back in 2004.

D

david

Always loved cars even more so sports cars and spent every penny i had on them.always got sick off a car very quick tho. Started off at 18 with a 00 almera 1.4 and then the rest too follow. First turbo was a 98 Glanza then a 93 Mr2 turbo then 98 integra type R and then a 99 Skyline R34GTT.
And then finally got the best off all the s15 spec R. Its deff my favourite and the only one i kept the longest and dont think will ever get sick off it have it 12 months now and thats a record for me.....