What's new

hid kit

P

pablo

Thinking of upgrading the stock halogen setup i have. is it a h1 6000k kit i need???:) thankyou

Last edited:
F

Fro-Daddy

6000k is the colour/brightness/intensity...so that bit is up to your preference...but yes, H1 :)

Reaction score
you won't regret it!! :)

we went to linc' in the week, driving down "roads" that were partically tracks through fields. we were in my mates 205, with ****ty lights, it was kinda scary, cause i'm so used to having the road lit up by the HID's on mine..

well worth it! :D

Reaction score
yea, once you've had them you really miss them....

couldn't see some of the bends we were comin' up to... so we were driving at 30 on 60 "roads", i honestly thought we were gonna crash there....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
is there any difference between the standard lights and the HID ones? Different lenses? Just wondering if it is a straight forward swap for the HID lamps.

P

pablo

they dont appear any different but it would be cheaper to get a hid kit. hid kits are circa ?70 off ebay and and nearly plug and play

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
In theory, the HID bulbs may make the beam slightly out of focus due to them sitting closer to the projector lenses. In practice, it makes fook all difference :) All the scare stories you hear about HIDs not producing the correct beam pattern are down to incorrect bulb shielding in reflector style headlights. These usually take H4 bulbs and require a full cap shield over the HID bulb, or hi/lo type HID bulbs.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
so to make a long sotry short, I should be able to do a straight swap.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. An aftermarket kit is fitted in mine :) Only word of warning I'd say is to not trust in the supplied connectors. Solder and shrink wrap EVERY connection except the clip-lock connectors for the bulbs. :nod:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
sounds like a plan. Hopefully they throw more light than the standard bulbs. The standard bulbs are crap! I am using the +50 globes at the moment and they still aren't that great.