What's new

Finally got one !!!

Reaction score
Country
:D...

Well its taken 7 months with quite a few dissapointments but finally...

1 Owner
2000 reg (march)
81K km
Grade 4
Interior Grade B
Just a couple of A1 scratches and U1 pin dents
Completely Standard

I cant beleive the price i won it on, i got outbid last week on an inferior car which went for a fair bit more so im very chuffed, got plenty of work to do when it comes fitting everything ive brought for it already :wack:

Big thanks for Charlie @ ProdriftUK for spending countless sleepless nights sourcing me a decent motor :thumbs:.

Just roll on the next couple of months for it to arrive!!!

:D X 1000000

P

Pazz

Congratz! Looks good :thumbs:

Would you say you had to change your intial requirements in order to get one? I know you said a while back that you only wanted a grade 4.5 with hardly any miles on it.

Now its the worst part, waiting for it to be ready to pick up :D Should be on the road by early summer which will be nice.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers fella,

To be honest i had considered buying the front bumper seperately if need be to open my options more but i wouldnt budge on the colour. My only specification (and Charlie wouldnt reccommend otherwise) was a Grade 4 or higher with Aero kit, 4.5 would have been a bonus but probably just pushed the price up higher anyway. We had seen a few others previously which looked good on the auction sheet but showed up some potential alarming probelms after further inspection of the vehicle before auction.

I must say that i was very lucky with the price i got it for, prices for S15 have actually been on a slight rise since i started looking over 7 months ago :eek:!

Hopefully i will be getting more photos from Charlie's agent later on which ill post up.

Just need to decide on what wheels now :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Now its the worst part, waiting for it to be ready to pick up :D Should be on the road by early summer which will be nice.
Yep...maybe its been fate, the car now wont have to put up with the horrible weather this winter :)

P

pablo

perfect buy. youd be surprised with new cleaning products etc how any marks etc can polished off.....

best colour too

Reaction score
Country
Yep, from the auction sheet there was minimal scracthes and dents which is great for the car of the age. Anything else i can probably cut and polish out with my Poorbuys products! So glad i held out and got in white as i was almost at the point of accepting any other colour i had been waiting so long!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice. congrats

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Nice one mate, looks good :)

Glad you finally got one.

Hope the import all goes smooth now.

Cant wait for you to take me for a spin in it too ;)

P

pablo

Yep, from the auction sheet there was minimal scracthes and dents which is great for the car of the age. Anything else i can probably cut and polish out with my Poorbuys products! So glad i held out and got in white as i was almost at the point of accepting any other colour i had been waiting so long!
white is especially good and hiding swirls and marks! colours like black show their age a lot more!

looks mint

subzero

Reaction score
fair play man....went through the same thing myself, 4months to finally get the right motor for me, delighted .

price of silivas at auction has shot up over the last year due to the popularity of drifting.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Congrats mate :)
Looks like a good example.

I small advice. Get new wheels while the car is in Japan :)
Nice second hand ones won't set you back very much when shipping and tax is free of charge :D

edit: I wouldn't worry to much about the U1 and A1s.
I had a couple of those on my S15 and the small scratches could easily be buffed out and the little pin dents was very hard to spot.

I think you'll be very happy with it and glad you waited that extra time to get a good one for a good price :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Yak,

Ive had more pics sent and the only noticable bad point on the body work is a scuff on the underside of the side skirt :).

I was considering getting wheels fitted, but then i need tyres (and i think many Jap tyres arent legal over here plus they tend to be a harder compound) and then i would also lose the standard set already on the car (which is handy for winter months or drifting etc).

Ive kinda settled on the Works XD9 as these seem great value for money (even after shipping).

P

pablo

could always get them locked in the car, if you trust the importers????

get them fitted with the cheapest crap going then drift them?

and or a better idea might be to have smaller devices. like pfc/ boost controllers etc hidden in the car, like under the spare wheel or in the chasis?

Reaction score
Country
I dont think you are supposed to leave anything in the car when shipping as they will probably get taken out. Too much of a risk imo :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Loose parts aren't allowed inside the car with RORO freight unfortunaly.
The exporter usually hides small stuff like EBC, turbo-timer etc.

But wheels are a big no no. I tried ;)
Getting a set of stockish wheels in the UK shouldn't be a problem and shouldn't be to expensive either.
Skyline R33 GTS-T and 200SX S14 alloys are the same dimensions.

Maybe even Prodrift have some lying about which he could lend to you for the ESVA.

Well. It's up to you and if the exporter want's to deal with the extra hassle :)

I know for a fact that a set of 18" TE37s in spotless condition (except for one sticker missing) with close to brand new performance tyres can be had for about ?800 on yahoo auctions ;)

You're probobly right about the legallity of the tyres though.
They will probobly miss a tiny tiny tiny e-mark on them.