What's new

Help !!!

T

the boot lad

When bought my s15 the passenger door handel was broken,and i thought it would not be that hard to buy one for it,but i went into my local nissan dealer today about getting a new one,and they said i would have to buy a whole new door card which would cost 600 Euro :mad:,now its not the one you put you fingers into they same as the driver side its the one you wrap your hand around,has anyone ever had to buy one of these or is there a part number for it ?

P

Paddy

i think i know the one youre talking about.

there is a finishing strip that goes on that handle, which can be got separate if thats the part thats broken.

If the handle itself is completely gone, then i'd say its as nissan say... full door card. Looking at the FAST catalogue, it looks like it comes as one piece.

An option would be to look for second hand parts. Eg. anyone that might be preping a track car and wouldn't need door cards. or car dismantlers. like Euro Salvage in northern ireland.

BTW i'd say this post would be better off in mech+body section

PNs:
Door Card - 80901-85f00-
Finishing strip - 80901-1a106-
- 80901-1a112-
There's two listings for the strip, dont know what the difference is though :(

Paddy

Reaction score
ye like paddy said it cant be replaced so new doorcards are an option. I have a set at home if you need them, alternatively show us a picture of the damage and there mite be another solution?

T

the boot lad

ok thanks for that lads,dont think ill be getting a new door card from nissan anyway,ill try get a pic up an let ye see.

T

the boot lad

sorry about the quality its off my phone,dont think i will be able to do much with it though.

P

Paddy

Ah, at least you still have the handle, thats not so bad...

Option 1:- Diy repair, i'd say a bolt or screw is gonna be hidden under the finishing trim, and then glue the base of the handle. Might just be worth a shot.

Option 2:- Slammedmind's door cards

Option 3:- Give nissan a big stack of money (and wait ages for it to arrive)

:)

T

the boot lad

Id say option one or two paddy think ill stay away from option three anyway,nissan :censored:"s