What's new

Towing this time!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok, another one of my silly questions which I keep forgetting to ask...

I'm thinking about track days this year as well as 'The Ring' so I want to make sure that should trouble loom (which I hope not), I can get towed out of gravel traps etc.

I've also read somewhere that some tracks won't let you on without towing hooks attached to your vehicle?!

So, can anyone confirm where the actual points are to attach towing bits front and back and also where's best to buy the towing hooks (or best brand even)?

Thanks for your patience!! :wack:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Tow hook at the front is on the right hand side (looking at the car), look under the bumper, you should see it. As for the rear, i'm not sure.

Reaction score
you'll notice though, that with the car lowered and a deep bumper, there's no way you can actually use that front towing eye.

it's too far back.... so would just rip off your bumper. i'm on the look out for some thick, metal, to strengthen with supports, that then bolts through the existing tow eye, moving the tow point forward. :)

This wouldn't be permanantly on the car, just there to bolt through if need be.

Reaction score
with standard aero they're useless... so i don't even wanna think of what it'd be like with your bumper... haha

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks fellas...

Yes, seem to remember seeing plenty of Jap tuner cars with a slit on the front right part of the bumper with a nice little red towing eye sticking out.

I just thought this was a common place for those who know to put it there - didn't realise this is actually the standard location of the towing hook point.

So, why did Nissan put the towing location behind somewhere where it's useless?? I mean who wants to take a bumper off before getting towed (unless the front bumper's been smashed off the car - ooops)...?!

Reaction score
Country
You will be towed out via the nearest towing line the marshalls can see, they will care little if it rips off your front bumper or not so its best to make sure that you have one clearly visable and unobstructed.

...and stop being such a pessimist, its the Armco's you want to worry about ;)

R

R3N

sorry for bumping an old thread but i thought i'd post here instead of starting a new one...

have had to get my car towed a few times recently due to having clutch issues and i had to remove the front bumper for them to be able to tow it onto the flatbed. rear one doesn't work as well because its covered by the rear bumper (i have a full vertex kit).

is there a way you can go about adding another towing point/eye to the car? i'm looking at doing this to save any hassles in the future, even the ones that stick out a little from the front bumper. any ideas?

S

SherlockHomeboy

I have a brand new one of those DW universal tow hooks that I'm not going to put on my car... Bumper needs cutting to get it fitted, it's not ideal for road cars and I'm too lazy to fiddle about with the bumper each time I want to put it on... Let me know if you want to take it off my hands :)

Reaction score
Country
would it be road legal at all to have toe eye sticking out of the bumper? as i was thinking getting one fitted but the car a daily road car.