Jacking...?!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Helloooo :wave:

Just wanted to ask one of those silly questions that I don't think many people discuss!!

Where's the best point to use a small trolley jack to get the car up?

Also, at the moment, one of the reasons I'm loathe to lower the car is that with the Aero skirts, the tyre chappie I use is getting me to drive onto some large slabs before he can get the regular sized trolley jack under the car to jack it from the middle somewhere near the ARB a little back from underneath the engine (sorry not a very technical description lol)...

How do people jack up the car properly when it's lowered with skirts etc??

Thanks - J :)

Reaction score
you can jack up from the rear on the diff.

and from the front on the cross member, infront of the engine, best to use a piece of wood though, so that you don't dent that! :) but worry not, it is strong enough to take the weight of the car...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks Daz :thumbs:

The thing I still don't get is how people manage to get a jack to any of those points with a lowered and kitted car?!

Are you all taking front bumpers or side skirts off the car before you can jack which seems a really PITA...??!!

Reaction score
nope, i can get a jack under.....

another one to consider, is the sealey alloy "low" jacks.... they're only 80mm from the floor when down....

L

lj~R

The easiest way is just put 2 pieces of bricks on each front tyres and drive car forward then you can jack up the car easily.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've got a low jack, 85mm i think it is, use the diff at the rear and the cross member Daz mentioned above.

Before i got the low jack, i used to have to use the in-car scissor jack, then the trolley jack once it was high enough :rolleyes: