What's new

Insurance

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guy just wanna know how many of you actually tell ur insurance what u have done to your cars??
does you insurance go up alot after that...??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Do not EVER fail to tell them about your mods. It will come back and bite you in the arse sooner or later.

Premiums are usually only affected by mods which increase power.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well i just told them about my nismo strut bar and side lights and hks bov and the recaros got charges 28 they said the price is just to cover them if anything happens...
I am with A-Plan too :wave: so is nicely...

R

RyanNK

I have all of my mods listed on the policy and it doesnt affect the premium. Ive just received my premium for my second year of insurance the car is covered for AUD$28,000 and the premium is only AUD$1600 I was pretty happy with that. For all the aussies im with youngandcool.

P

paulphot

I used to be with Just Cars in OZ and I didn't have have any mods. I enquired about a pod filter and they were going to increase my premiums by about $80 so I didn't do it. I'm now with AAMI as I'm 30 this year and they will cover me. I got the quote for the stock car then added mods I wanted to do and my premium actually dropped by $15. So the car is covered and they know about the future mods.

B

bettsc

I told them about my Zimmer frame rack, pipe & slippers holder & they refunded me fifty quid. ;)

Chris