What's new

general maintanence question

Reaction score
My S15 is coming up to 85,000 miles and im just wondering if there are any unusual checks i should have a look for, i have owned it for a year and it has been completely problem free but, with the mileage getting higher & higher just wanted to see if there is anything i should be doing or checking???
cheers guys!!! oh, p.s. hope everyone has a brilliant xmas & new year!!!

:wave:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi Rich :wave:

Glad to hear all's well with the motor... :)

There's a few things I would generally check and be wary of from 50k onwards although this is based more on experience rather than S15 specific so quality and longevity of parts might completely differ (good or bad lol):

1. Shocks - can start to leak/wear out which means suspension and ride quality is compromised.

2. Bushes - there are lots on the S15 I noticed when I had the rear tyres changed!!

3. Four wheel alignment - need sortings if you've not done this yet cos previous owner probably never had...

It's all a bit suspension related for me but I guess UK roads give every car in this country a good bashing lol?!

James

Reaction score
Hey James, yep, all is well with the motor! still putting a smile on my face everytime i turn the key!!!
Thanks Nicely, that is a great help! Hope you had a good OZ xmas!!!!

G

Ger Keane

Hi Rich :wave:

Glad to hear all's well with the motor... :)

There's a few things I would generally check and be wary of from 50k onwards although this is based more on experience rather than S15 specific so quality and longevity of parts might completely differ (good or bad lol):

1. Shocks - can start to leak/wear out which means suspension and ride quality is compromised.

2. Bushes - there are lots on the S15 I noticed when I had the rear tyres changed!!

3. Four wheel alignment - need sortings if you've not done this yet cos previous owner probably never had...

It's all a bit suspension related for me but I guess UK roads give every car in this country a good bashing lol?!

James
Whats the solution to a leaking shock?
my front driver side one is.
Irish roads:mad:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If they are standard, replace them with aftermarket coilovers. If they are aftermarket coilovers, you should be able to find a suspension shop to rebuild them for you. The suspension shop may be able to rebuild the standard shocks, but I doubt it.

Reaction score
Leaky shocks just browse www.japanparts.com, they have a full range of compatible adjusustables as well as the better value ones like KYB super specials. Nismo R-Tunes and S-Tunes as well. I trust the guys completely as i import my parts from there as well. Everything shipped to your doorstep at very reasonable prices.