What's new

exhaust choice ??

K

kid 83

im trying to decide which exhaust to buy , anyone have any pics or sounds bytes for exhuast system of choice ??

Reaction score
what are you looking for in a system? Im using the trust pe2 system, nice sound not too loud at all except higher up in the rev range. Ive also heard rays blitz system and it sounds the job :D

K

kid 83

something with an agressive look ......basically just pics of types exhausts system on s15 , oh and also deeep sound note to it

Reaction score
I'd strongly suggest sticking with the originals and with that i mean Nismo. Their Weldina exhaust systems are manufactured so well. The Downpipe to the sports catalyser is 75mm, and thereafter 110 mm. Burbles nicely down low and is not too raspy up the rev range like the 5Zigen's. If you like sound, then nothing beats the Amuse R1 Titan. Period.

d.

Reaction score
where would you find a nismo exhaust?
also, how does the weldina system compare to the Fujitsubo RM01, HKS silent hipower and Trust PE2 for sound, clearance and power?
being a nismo product, would it be drone free on the highway?

Reaction score
Nismo's Weldina is a quality item if you can find it. But it ain't that aggresive looking to me and the piping is not stainless steel mind you. I'm leaning towards the fujitsubo RM-01A for a mildly tuned s15. It offers good response x performance and sounds ok too. If you pocket permits, the Trust titanium PE Ti-R is pretty good too for higher power application and its very lightweight!

F

Fro-Daddy

I did mean ground clearance, but I suppose both would be nice :p My current cat-back is 105mm off the ground at standard height...

Reaction score
Country
Anyone got pics?
Hopefully ill get some pics of my car done tonight, illtry and measure the clearance and take a pic.

Overall its a great exhaust, looks very good as its upangled on the exit and sounds superb. Nice quiet tick over but really roars on full chat :cool:

D

david

I have a kakimoto system pure japanese built sounds unreal but some may think there a bit loud. wonder when i get around to fitting my mani/elbo/ and decat is it going to make it a bit louder???

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a kakimoto system pure japanese built sounds unreal but some may think there a bit loud. wonder when i get around to fitting my mani/elbo/ and decat is it going to make it a bit louder???
Yes more than likely.

Reaction score
Country
Not sure really as i had the coilovers fitted and car lowered as soon as i got it.

I really need to look at getting the centre section raised somehow as id like to lower the car another 10mm but need more clearance on the exhaust :(