What's new

Now with S15!

P

Pazz

On Friday I picked my new S15, after a bit of haggling and a vigorous inspection.

2000 Nissan Silvia Blue Spec R Aero (skirts + spoiler only)
61,000 Miles
Blitz Nur-Spec Exhuast
HKS Air filter
Cobra Cat 1 Alarm
Under Sealed

Would add some pics but the weather has been terrible and haven't even had much time to drive her. Will do a 'Members Ride' when it brightens up a bit.

Bought from Car Imports Direct in Bristol, who are BIMTA registered importers and supplied the auction sheet. She was a grade 4, Interior B when bought in June 07.

Got a question already:

The in-dash clock doesnt appear to work at all. There is no display of any digits. (taken the cluster out and can't see anything noticeable, all I can think is fuse???)

Many thanks!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
there is a 10Amp fuse for the clock and a few other things including the buzzer (when you leave your lights on) The fuse should be in the fuse box next the drivers foot. Other than that, it is probably a loose conection or you will need to replace the clock.

Check out the manual. http://download.s15oc.com/s15_service_manual.zip (btw its about 25Mb)

P

Pazz

there is a 10Amp fuse for the clock and a few other things including the buzzer (when you leave your lights on) The fuse should be in the fuse box next the drivers foot. Other than that, it is probably a loose conection or you will need to replace the clock.

Check out the manual. http://download.s15oc.com/s15_service_manual.zip (btw its about 25Mb)
Many thanks for this Meddler!

Found two 10A fuses in places where there was meant to be a blank :confused: while fuse space 28 was empty. As soon as I put one in space 28 the clock appeared. :D

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Good that it was that easy. Glad I could help. If only everything was that easy to fix. :)

P

Pazz

Made an interesting discovery the other day...

After reading Nicely's post/sticky on "Which turbo do you have?" before making the trip down to see the motor, I found out that it was an early S15 because I checked on the day and the VIN was greater than S15-025850 so therefore it had the plain T28. Which was no real biggy for me anyways cause the condition of the car was more important.

HOWEVER, after installing FAST from a friend I've discovered that the car was made in December 2000. Which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is in theory the last month of production which you can subsequently import an S15??? However its pretty difficult to work out FAST, doesnt help it being half in japanese. But the production date box says 0012.

I only started considering this cause I saw a ProDrift advertisment for one of their white S15's they have in stock stating that the car was the newest S15 to be imported into the country. Which I thought was a pretty feckin bold statement! Turns out the car they have for sale was made in October 2000.

Anyways its snowing here, so no pics still, been concentrating on gettin rid of the old motor as quick as. But will have some up this weekend.

Last edited:
J

james_pa28

I got mine from car imports direct earlier in the year. You can never really tell with traders in all fairness, but it seems to be a perfect car, never had any issues whatsoever!

A fun way to tell if its a BB is to spin the compressor wheel with you're finger! You'll be amazed how freelythey spin compared to a normal turbo!

G

gunner93

A fun way to tell if its a BB is to spin the compressor wheel with you're finger! You'll be amazed how freelythey spin compared to a normal turbo!
...and thats without oil... imagine if its delivered with oil... :nod:

Last edited:
P

Pazz

I got mine from car imports direct earlier in the year. You can never really tell with traders in all fairness, but it seems to be a perfect car, never had any issues whatsoever!

Good to see someone else that has got one from these guys. They seem to be a pretty small operation, they don't advertise a lot so they are hard to stumble across.

To say I had to drive it nearly 300miles back home from the garage and didnt have any issues was pretty impressive. Only problem I've come across has been a fuse and a broken air vent.

Did they supply an auction sheet with the vehicle James_pa28?

J

james_pa28

Did they supply an auction sheet with the vehicle James_pa28?
Not as far as I'm aware... I'm, not the first UK owner and the car has been in the country since 2004. I did get one hell of an amount of documentation with it though. Japanese service history, milage conversion certificate, previous MOT's/emissions etc. I think the handbook I was given maybe Australian or from New Zealand as it's a "200sx" manual.

They were particularly helpful though, we went to have a look at it in my dads Boxster, at the time one of his tail lights was cracked and the valeter happened to have one and just gave it to him, which I thought was good!

They seem to be a pretty good outfit!

To say I had to drive it nearly 300miles back home from the garage and didnt have any issues was pretty impressive.
To be fair, I wouldn't expect to have any issues with a modern ?10k(ish) jap car that you just bought from a dealer :)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
if it was a 200sx manual, it most likely came from Australia.