What's new

Nismo copper...... clutch

R

robf

Hi ,havnt posted on here for sometime + have been stuck in Leicaland.
No problems with the car which is more than can be said for frigin leica m8's, until..
the original clutch decided to slip on by (80K) so ordered a nismo clutch and flywheel.
After reading some previous posts and Nicelys comments which were positive bar the noise aspect !,I was a bit apprehensive but got on with it.Placed the order and 2 weeks later .Soichi got on with it (3 hours in his workshop) and i was back on the road.
Shame the cover is covered by the bell housing as it has a good finish,ah well.
Had a nismo cylinder put on to ,that certainly reduces the presure needed to depress the pedal.
Really very pleased with results,cars definately more responsive.Should be as the std flywheel is HEAVY as, in comparison to the nismo fly.
A few extra rumbles, more so on deceleration but nothing i cant live with.
Well thats my good news ,must bed it in properly, is that faster or slower ?haha.
Cheers all rob.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
yeah the standard fly weighs a tonne. I just got my Orc Ogura clutch & lightened fly fitted yesterday. it makes a big difference.

R

robf

Japmadlad>>>that means there 's a minimum of 84 aching muscles on the forum .
I considered an Orc clutch as they are quality, but decided to go nismo.
cheers Rob.

R

robf

Topper >> The numbles! are minimal,seriously. Went for a more spirited drive today and really didn't notice a significant decibel increase.
Seems to me factors like the state of the gearbox and prop may make a difference ?
rob

Reaction score
Country
there are two nismo coppermix cluthches????
one is rated at high BHP and one slightly lower.

the mine difference is the higher rated one is solid no damper spring (=more noise)
the other one has a damper so it makes less noise.
and they are both single plate.

so just becareful when ordering?
from pics of Nicelys clutch hes got the solid coppermix... so it is ment to be noise.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've experiance Nicely "noisey" clutch, and it is a bit loud, and worring when you hear it 1st. Is there a different name for the lower rated clutch? What is it rated to?

Reaction score
Country
the two coppermix clutches are rate 420 and 380.

there no specific name for it they just use different part No.

www.RHDjapan.com have both types of single clutches. but there site is down at the moment.
they should have pics of each type on there site.

S

S1Five

looking at the nismo catelog, isnt there a 3rd type the twin plate which takes 670ps?

so does the single plate with the damper spring(380ps) have any other difference to the 420ps besides having a higher rating and the damper spring?

Last edited: