What's new

garage defend -cooling panels

P

pablo

hi guys. i have an arc titanium cooling panel (soon to be for sale) perfect fit, neat piece of kit, but now not much use with an aftermarket bumper.

the problems are that areas where it would have attached to are now gone and retro fitting is not an option. basically my new bumper dips in the middle and leaves the panel floating see pic.

might i have more luck with garage defend (it obviously stretches out over the lights and can be fixed in these points( item or would it not look right as many of the attachment holes would not be in use and look bad.

im also not running the bonnet catch (aero flush locks) another big hole on show

i would really love to cover the area in something

show us some pics of aftermarket bumpers and cooloing panels etc and post any ideas:)

Reaction score
hi mate, in all honesty im using the garage defend cooling panel and i dont think its very effective with the current bumper that im running. It was designed around the original stock bumper.

P

pablo

i hunted that pic down earlier of your setup. whats it like closed and whats it like in the flesh? curious about what to do?

ill want the engine bay sprayed next i think....just to neaten it all up lol

Reaction score
i know the feeling :D, ill get a pic friday of it closed mate dont have one at the min. Its the business in the flesh but like i said i cant really see it being too effective with the bumper that we have, more show then anything else really but ill be putting it to the test soon ;)

P

pablo

cool. just dont want to splash out on something that flap about and sinks lower than the edge of the shut bonnet.....

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've heard that they fit just as well with our style of bumper, and had planned to get one (eventually), although looking at your picture slammedmind, mine has mounting point next to the headlight, yours maybe does too, is it just hiden by the panel?

Reaction score
the ,mounting and fit is 100% lads, ive seen the greddy and it doesnt compare. Im just debating the effectiveness of the cooling panel itself

Reaction score
i suppose it would? but in my case ive now got the oil cooler there too and the panel seems to block it. Ill try get some pics later and show you what i mean

P

pablo

Surely with having an open mouth style grill, will that not direct more air down through the rad?
it would allow more air to the engine, but still the cooling duct helps force and funnel air through the rad

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yeh thats what i mean, more air will get in, and be forced down and through the rad, so should be better