What's new

Winter's here...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well well well.. wrong time of the year to buy the s15 so it looks eh lol. Went out to the car tonight the rain on the side was ice. Forcast snow... fantastic!

I havent had the time to get the thing under sealed yet either (next week i think)

I bought a local paper aswell today to find me a beater, nice wee Saxo 1.1 for like 900 should do the trick nicely as i live out in the sticks, and to say the roads are bad in the winter to work and back would be an understatment.. for example,

Last time we had bad snow (2 years back) i was driving a civic EG hatch (1.3 Glacier) Standard wheels, standard height, no lip etc.. the road i took to work was a drift.. I work shifts so was up at half 3 to get into work on time, ended up getting stuck in the snow at 4am in the middle of no where... was unreal how much that car wouldnt move, ended up getting towed out by some random in a jeep and EVENTUALLY got turned around and headed back towards my house to find a snowplow to follow...

2 hours 30minutes it took me to get to work that morning (24miles and it usually takes less than half an hour in the early mornings with no other cars on the road)

So needless to say the silvia wont be on the road this winter i dont think, Do you guys do the same or do you just not bother with a beater an play in the snow? lol.

/rant
-Mint

Reaction score
i drive a 1.3 toyota corolla with a set of re-profiled cams during the week, what can i say i was bored lol!

Reaction score
i've got a work van for when it snows.... other than that... i don't live out in the sticks, so carry on using the Silv'...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I use my VW in the winter.
However, recent years hasn't been that bad ice and snow wise.
I'm not that afraid of snow, the ice is more dangerous. Sometimes it's even hard to walk over the streets if it freezes. Could probobly skate on it :)

Well, I only have to pay for 6month insurance this way and I don't want to take the S15 out in the salt as I have not bothered to do an underseal treatment.
I know how I would drive the S15 in the snow too, so I might aswell keep it garaged instead of parking it in a pole :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine only gets out in nice weather, winter or summer, if the sun is not out and the roads are not dry, then my car stays in the garage :D........ its not quite like that, but i dont like driving it in pissing rain or worse. I have a Diesel focus as my everyday car.

Mint, you work in Aberdeen? I used to drive from Kintore to Banchory to work, some of the snow drifts from the feilds meant i couldnt see a thing and just had to rely on my knowing the road :eek:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
HA^ yeah i know that feelin too well buddy ^_^

Yeah i work at dyce airport, so alford > dyce is lame in the snow, between alford and kemnay is worst tho imo. At least when u get to the dual carridge way its not soo bad.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Mine only gets out in nice weather, winter or summer, if the sun is not out and the roads are not dry, then my car stays in the garage :D........ its not quite like that, but i dont like driving it in pissing rain or worse.
:rotfl: That sounds like me !!

i have a supercharged toyota yaris Tsport, for my everyday drive.
Its FWD so its fine in the wet :wack: