What's new

HKS silent high power exhaust

S

s15silvia51s

looking into buying a HKS silent high power exhaust....

was wondering wat sort of noise it makes ?? i know it says silent but surely theres some sort of noise !!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i've got one :wave:

its not silent, but then its not over powering either like the blitz nur spec:wack:

Its got a nice burble, and sort of growls at medium high revs.
its also full stainless.

kimi -x-

S

s15silvia51s

thanks kimi:thumbs:, didnt want 2 be buying something 2 noisy or wit absolute no noise at all !!!!
do u know wer i could get an exhaust manifold for a spec-s(non-turbo) ????????????

J

james_pa28

I've just replaced mine for a hi-power 409

To be honest the only time you'll ever hear a silent hi-power is when you stand behind the car! Thats bearing in mind I still have my cats fitted.

It's a great quality exhaust, and looks great and the lack of noise stops you making your silvia look like a boy-racer car!

I'll post some pics up of both of mine!

Just for the record, I'm a lot happier with the 409! :thumbs: Despite it's closer to the floor!!!

S

sillbeers15

I have both the Hi Power and Hi Power Silent....I prefer the Hi Power more as I find the 'Silent' a little too silent at idle.

But i had to use the 'Silent' due to street legal issues.

J

james_pa28

wats wrong with the exhaust ???
I've sold it already mate

It got damaged quite badly when I put the coilovers down so far the car was on its belly :D

You'll understand why when you take a look at this pic after it's been raised 23mm!!!

S

s15silvia51s

does any1 know how noisy the HKS silent high power exhaust is ????
the reason im askin this is cause theres a new law coming in Ireland in the NCT about noise pollution !!:furious: my standard exhaust needs to be replaced and i dont want 2 have to buy a new standard exhaust and then go and buy HKS 1, only 2 find out it would of passed in the NCT :mad:

J

james_pa28

are ther no speed bumps in Gloucester ?????:wack:
There are millions of speed bumps in gloucester, it's a nightmare! Which is why I just shelled out ?350 on that new hi-power and also had to raise the coilovers an inch (which still isn't enough, but I refuse to go higher).

To the above question - it's an emphasis on the silent, they really are silent, I don't see any way they could make you fail a noise test. I think the average sports car has a louder exhaust as standard!

There are certainly no worries concering noise pollution!

S

s15silvia51s

is ther a law in England bout the noise levels ??

those any know wat the limit is gona be in Ireland ???

P

pablo

anything can be considered antisocial which could result in a section 59 warning (lasts a year and goes to cra and driver, get caught again and car gets confiscated.....)

ill have to ask the vova guys at work about decibel levels. from reading forums i think some people concluded that anything louder than standard wasn't legal but most people in uniform are pretty tolerable and long as it not as mentioned in paragraph one