What's new

HKS silent high power exhaust

P

Pazz

Thought would be appropiate to keep this in the same post.

I have a Blitz Nur Spec-R full system with decat and I'm using the silencer which fits in the tail to quieten it down. Now it was fine before I removed the cat. After removing the cat the note has changed and now makes an anoying sound at around 70+mph or 3grand rpm+. Not ideal for motorway driving.

I'm concerned because even with the tail silencer, when I come to change the turbo elbow/downpipe and mani it is gonna be ridiculous.

Does anyone have the above mods with the hipower silent that could give me any idea on how loud it would be? I dont want anything stock quiet just a bit or a roar when I floor it.

If I remove the tail silencer I scare old women when I put my foot down :rotfl:

No. Mine read 86dB @ 4500rpm.
Was this with elbow/downpipe/mani/decat Nicely?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The 3 most quiet exhaust I think are:

- Trust PEII
- HKS Silent Hipower
- Fujitsubo RMA01

Blitz Nur are known for been loud :p

P

Pazz

What do you run ichi? I think I may start a topic on this. Seems pretty dead this one.

I'm after something that is quiet up to around 3.5k rpm

The Blitz Nur Spec is loud because it doesnt have any form of silencer in it, unless you are using the tail silencer. Its a straight through system from what I can tell.

I may look into modifying the tail silencer somehow.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I only know that Trust PEII and HKS Silent Hipower are silent on idle and low revs. Not so silent when you floor it but compared to your N?r-spec exhaust these are like whispers :)

P

Pazz

The Nur-Spec is ridiculous without the tail silencer, however with the tail silencer and original cat it was acceptable. When I add a downpipe and mani it will just be stupid even with the silencer.

After something in between I think, the PEII sounds really quiet on a few youtube vids. But then again i dont know what free-flow mods have been done (downpipe/elbow/decat etc) to the cars on the vids

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
And with the bung and cat in the Nur Spec, you are making it more restrictive than some people believe the Silent Hi Power is (which it is....once you get to around 380bhp...).

Reaction score
Country
I'm using fujitsubo rma01 and it's pretty decent. Abit droney in the cabin during certain rev range but u get that with aftermarket exhaust.

I sat in my friend's hks silent hipower and find it to be very quiet. Trust PEII I've just read alot people recommending in ns.com so I assume it's pretty good.

Reaction score
Country
im running a Blitz Nur spec myself. decat, tomei ss mani, moonface elbow front pipe combo. and thru a gt-rs turbo too :D

oh i run it daily without the tail pipe silencer.... i can tell you it dam loud. can hear every pop and bang the exhaust makes. and especially those big band that light up the motorway at night:D

i ordered a Sard ATC (active torque control) to help with idle and low rev levels and boost torque.

basically a spring loaded valve which open with exhaust back pressure. its placed where the cat would normally be. have not put it on yet as ive to put my cat back in for nct soon, so can comment how effective it is.

Reaction score
Country
P

Pazz

The kakimoto was also one that I was curious about. I couldnt find any info on it or anyone who owns one.

I see the price for a HKS Hi-Power Silent on nengun has gone up. Getting similar to some UK retailers aslong as you manage to get a owners club discount circa 10%.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yakozan, is your Trsut PEII the same as from Nengun...

http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/power-extreme-ii ?

Just wondering as they dont specify if the whole construction is SS or not and its a good price, shame about the 5 week wait (plus Neguns delivery times!).

Also noticed this exhaust...looks like it should be fairly quiet with the centre box but haven heard much about it ....

http://www.nengun.com/kakimoto-racing/regu-06-r
Look like the one in the top pic. But mine isn't polished. Just the rear silencer.
Don't know how much of it is stainless steel. But I don't have much rust on it. Flanges are probobly not stainless as with most exhausts.

Reaction score
Country
I do like the look of the quality of the HKS (although not a fan of its actual looks) but it may be just a tad bit too quiet. Im not one for stupid loud that annoys neighbours kind of of exhaust but would like something that sounds pretty vicious on full chat.

Im probably going to have to wait a while until i can afford a new exhaust anyway (buying my first house later in the year) so will have to stick with the standard jobbie even though it will be quite restrictive when mated with my SS elbow, front pipe and decat :( Would just like to be ready to know what im going to order when the cash is there.

P

Pazz

I thought that the HKS Hi-Power Silent might be too quiet. But by the time you have added a 3" downpipe, elbow and decat and hi-flow mani its not gonna be exactly quiet when you open it up.

This swayed my decision, although it's on a skyline. The car has a full turbo back system. It made be realise how much I want to hear the raw of the engine as apose to the drone of my Nur Spec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB1E4-0ePJE
Note how its quiet on tickover and you can hear the birds, yet a struggle when they let rip.

The stock catback exhaust will be extremely restrictive if you choose to go down that route.

Last edited:
P

Pazz

Nicely has the HKS Silent Hi-Power with full turbo back and mani! Fancy making a youtube vid for us fella? :D

Also Jez, you could possibly end up doing some damage to the stock exhuast amongst other things. The heat build up at the point of restriction (in this case the join between 3" decat -> stock exhuast) will be pretty bad, probably dangerous for track days/hard driving.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Nicely has the HKS Silent Hi-Power with full turbo back and mani! Fancy making a youtube vid for us fella? :D

Also Jez, you could possibly end up doing some damage to the stock exhuast amongst other things. The heat build up at the point of restriction (in this case the join between 3" decat -> stock exhuast) will be pretty bad, probably dangerous for track days/hard driving.
Reckon you could quote that to my GF ? I so should be saving for a house and ive already spent 3K on the car which hasnt even arrived yet :wack:. Maybe ill get on ebay and start selling lots of stuff to pay for one :)

P

Pazz

?3K!!!! And it hasnt even arrived, you really have gone to town :D I've had mine 3 months and spent about ?750 at best.

M

Matt_S

On the S14, the best system imho is the Apexi GT Spec.
Great quality, great noise, great refinement (yes they can go in the same sentance!) - I wouldnt reccomend anythign else!

Reaction score
Country
Arent they quite loud thou Matt ? I dont want an exhaust that will struggle with noise restrictions at trackdays :(