What's new

Mints question thread

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ohayo guys! Well was out last night with my local club, first time theve seen my silvia.

My mat erecon's i have a boost leak, somwhere below the inlet manifold? Sounds like a hissing, we cudnt see anything tho.

Also i figures out why my boost gauge dosnt work, there was a cable in the engine bay not connected to anything just tie wrapped, Where about does the sensor for the boost gauge connect to in the engine bay and i can plug it in today.

Also one last question for this morning, The noise of the Blitz bov sounds like its coming back out of the filter, but its an atmos bov.. ?

If you guys can answer these that would be magic, away to remove those eyelids lol.

Reaction score
Country
Cross Flow - Same as any other i/c in the market, goes from turbo down to ic then through battery tray (cut hole)

Turn Flow - Reuse your factory i/c pipes. So no need for battery tray hole.

The last one with a W in the code might be for a thicker core

Edit: whoops didnt realise there's a 3rd page already

The stock boost sensor is located in the driver strut just next to the relay box

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
The stock boost sensor is located in the driver strut just next to the relay box
Wicked im gonna go check after dinner ^_^

Got the eyelids off today took 2 hours!!!!!!!! What a mess and its left the headlights marked :(

oh wells.. added a couple of JDM stickers i got from when i was in Japan and also did a few wee mods to the engine bay.

Also my dori is pickin up too ^_^

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Part Number:28882-6J000-
Description:COVER-WIPER ARM

HOWEVER, although its a different PN, it should be exactly the same as on the S14, so you can get it from a Nissan dealer within a couple of days:

Part Number:28882-50J00-
Description:COVER-WIPER ARM

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mint, if you have any trouble finding your boost leak, i can easy help out :thumbs:

Also, the BN kit is very similar to mine, so dont buy that one or we will be twins :D

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Hey guys quick question..

Where do i plug in the cable for the oil pressure?? I found a Greddy blue thing where one of the cables goes for the blitz gauges (i think its a water temp sensor)

Reaction score
the stock nissan oil pressure sensor is down by the filter... on the filter bracket.

if you're using an after market gauge and sender, you'll need a sandwhich plate to connect your gauge too! :)

P

Pazz

Also my spoiler has developed a wee 'rattle' lol went to tighten the bolts and nout.. so um gonna have to put some seal in it or something, lol i love cars :smitten:issues on day 1 of ownership lmfao!! Trust me..
You sure it is the spoiler? I thought a similar thing but mine turned out to be the wooden shelf/top hiding the spare wheel.

Reaction score
Website
www.hoodoo.co.nz
Country
1. That little grate appears to house a speaker in my car, according to the guy that installed my alarm. This is the primary reason for wanting a 5.1 setup - there's already a centre speaker in place.... although it might have been for something like the gps system, who knows?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Reaction score
yea, filter plate needed will be to suite the gauge sensor thread, they're usually 1/8npt :) can't see why that wouldn't work...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Wicked well i think there's a dude on here selling one so thats perfect.

Anyone got a pic on where it needs to go into? As tbh.. iv no clue really lol >_<