What's new

Blitz Nur spec catback

C

cms15

Hi fellow drifters,
Wonderin if anyone can help me with a lil prob.
Been havin a bit of trouble locating a catback system for my
99 Spec S. Will a SR20DET system fit my SR20DE?
Thanks,
Ciaran.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
probably not. (guessing. I don't know 100% for sure) but considering that the exhaust manifolds should be completely different. N/A as opposed to turbo. The back end of the car should be the same tho and have the same mounting points.

To give you an example. An exhaust off a JDM 200sx will not fit a ADM 200sx. The JDM has a different dump pipe and cat. There is about 1.5" difference. I found out the hard way :( even tho they are the same car. The mounting points rear of the cat were exactly the same.

If you go to an exhaust shop, they should be able to modify the exhaust to suit your car for a small fee.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wouldn't the bore of a Spec R be a little too big for the Spec S too? most aftermarket are 3" bore... i'd say from cat' back they'd fit though... looks like it, although part numbers are different....

Reaction score
Alternatively, you could get a custom system fabricated from someone like Powerflow etc, for about the same price as you'd pay for a cat-back system.

I had a Powerflow system on a previous car, and a few friends have them on theirs and we've been pleased with the results.

Reaction score
agreed.... but...try find a company that's recommended to you rather than just picking one.... i've seen some shocking results from powerflow, but at the same time, some awesome ones!

Reaction score
Country
yeap spec R turbo nur spec exhaust will be 80mm bore.
so the spec S should be small 60mm, this is because its a n/a using anything bigger on your spec S just gonna loose power.

C

cms15

too quiet!!!

K then, just e-mailed blitz and Powerflow uk. Hopefully one of the 2 will sort me out with some pipework. There's no difference aft of the cat other than the bore though, that any of ye know of.

Reaction score
Country
im sure blitz japan have a cat back system for spec S. and lots of other japan exhaust companys do them too.
try e-mailing RHDjapan.com
these guys can get you any after market parts in japan and ship to you.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Question: It's a little off topic.

Is the JDM spec S no turbo? I was under the impression that it was just the level of included extra's that made the difference between spec R and spec S

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
JDM Spec-S is non-turbo :nod:

Check in the Useful threads section at the top to find the differences

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score