What's new

JURAN exhaust

Reaction score
Yep thats what was on it. Big embossed lettering on back box and name plate further down system

Reaction score
coolio!
how loud was it? i was about to buy myself a Trust power extreme system but i have been offered a Juran system for even less money! woo-hoo!!
i am keen on my track days and was going to get myself a trust exhaust silencer but im not sure if i can get them for the Juran one? and im also not sure how universal exhaust silencers are!! i.e would a trust silencer fit a different exhaust (as long as the pipe dimensions are the same in both exhaust i would of thought it would fit) (nicely, thats probably one for you!) :)

Reaction score
It was quite a bit quieter than my 5Zigen one which at Bedford A'D' got through stationary (98db) test but did get me busted reading over 88db on a drive by - had to avoid the microphones for the rest of the day to make sure I didn't get thrown out! :D. Both were CAT back. Would make a difference if you don't have CAT or standard turbo elbow I'd expect.

As for the silencer. Yeh would fit but would fall out. The 5Zigen had one but to put in another exhaust you'd need to drill it for the securing bolt

Reaction score
Hmmm ok, i just dont want to spend money on an exhaust and end up getting turfed out for being too loud!! yes, the reason i am going for this Juran one (possibly) is so i can still afford to get the decat/elbow/front pipe, going for the full set-up.....and i dont quite fancy drilling into it to secure a silencer...but if you think it would be quiet enough, then i think i will go for it.
P.S. congrats on the sale! got there in the end! :nod:

Reaction score
you only need to drill like a 4mm hole in the exhaust tip to secure in the bung.

alot of exhaust come with the said hole in them already! you wouldn't even notice it if you put it in the top.

Reaction score
ahh righty, well thats not too bad then....even i couldn't mess that up!..................or could i!?? :rotfl:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If sound is an issue, you really don't want to be considering anything other than a HKS Silent Hi Power (or a system you're 100% sure is a similar loudness). They're currently on offer with Nengun and will ship to your door for under ?400. That's for an all stainless top brand exhaust.

You get one over 95dB and you'll regret it the first time you go on a long motorway drive... Roland says his was noticeably louder than the 98dB system on his other S15. And his Juran wasn't running with a front pipe, turbo elbow and decat - all of which will raise the noise even more.

Yes, you can stick a bung in a loud system on a track day. However, one of the main reason people claim to not want a Silent Hi Power is because its restrictive (yeah, over 380bhp...). Just how restrictive do you think a system is with a fook off bung in it? On a day when you want all the power you can get....

Reaction score
wise words nicely....

i'm running the HKS silent...with decat, frontpipe and elbow... and have no problems doing motorway driving with it! :)

Reaction score
If sound is an issue, you really don't want to be considering anything other than a HKS Silent Hi Power (or a system you're 100% sure is a similar loudness). They're currently on offer with Nengun and will ship to your door for under ?400. That's for an all stainless top brand exhaust.

You get one over 95dB and you'll regret it the first time you go on a long motorway drive... Roland says his was noticeably louder than the 98dB system on his other S15. And his Juran wasn't running with a front pipe, turbo elbow and decat - all of which will raise the noise even more.

Yes, you can stick a bung in a loud system on a track day. However, one of the main reason people claim to not want a Silent Hi Power is because its restrictive (yeah, over 380bhp...). Just how restrictive do you think a system is with a fook off bung in it? On a day when you want all the power you can get....

...did I? Sorry meant the Juran was noticeably quieter than the 5Zigen (Motorsport spec one) as was it also noticeably more restrictive (I could say that as that was the only difference on the cars - both had the same intake and no other performance mods).